Looking for private land in Buffalo county

10/26/15 @ 9:43 PM
ORIGINAL POST
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
USER since 6/8/07
Me and a dozen of my friends are looking for some private land to hunt in Buffalo county. We would really like a spot with foodplots, big ol box stands( with heaters) and a place to stay. We'd love to help out around the property but that might be hard and we don't have a lot of time. We rise with the sun and smoke. A lot. Any help would be great this time of year. We all got new bows at target and are eager to get them out of the box and try them out on some deer. Thanks! Cool
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 22 Posts
11/20/15 @ 9:02 AM
scoutking07
scoutking07
USER since 10/25/07
I'll be offering guided hunts in northern Oconto County and Southern Forest County in the heart of the Nicolet National Forest. These hunts will NOT be over food plots, bait, or anywhere near crop fields. You will see very little to no deer but, but there are HUGE bucks everywhere!! Let me know if you are interested!! Great price $$ and BYOB!! Big Smile Have a safe weekend everyone!

Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 8:13 AM
eyeslayer007
eyeslayer007
USER since 1/27/14
I've hunted buffalo county for 5 years shot a 130 inch 9 first year, haven't got another buck since. I've seen one or two big ones a year and passed allot of little ones and some marginal ones. But there isn't big ones everywhere it's still hunting.

Post Your Comment
11/11/15 @ 10:36 PM
budman1987
budman1987
USER since 1/19/03
If I was in the market for quality land that holds big bucks I would go to green or Lafayette county...I'm in rock and there's big bucks here also but if I had to choose one it would be Lafayette...

Post Your Comment
11/11/15 @ 9:25 PM
musky nut
musky nut
USER since 7/20/12
There are some big bucks in Sauk cty for sure!! Now just try getting one...

Post Your Comment
11/11/15 @ 8:17 PM
ihookem
ihookem
USER since 11/29/01
I know a guy who sold out pif his share in Buffalo co and went to Sauk co. Land was cheaper and he still sees big bucks. He said it aint what it used to be. For what he has into that land, the cost, taxes interest , food plots, and who knows what else, he could have went on an elk hunt every year .

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 8:13 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I don't equate size of one buck and the skill of the hunter mainly because I really don't care how good a hunter any one else is. It just doesn't matter to me. Somebody shoots a good one, I am happy for them. I don't care if they lease or own expensive land or not. It is hard to shoot big bucks. When it happens....congrats! Mrt.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 8:08 PM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05
I would try Florence County, much better hunting there.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 6:02 PM
brews4995
brews4995
USER since 4/2/10
What, an inch score on an a deers antlers isn't the scoreboard, that's news to me. Otherwise why do so many people get bent outta shape over what a deer scores. That scoreboard is what the whole "Buffalo county" mystique is all about. I have never heard anyone bragging about a Buffalo county forkhorn.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 3:10 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Nobody even remotely insinuated anything about anyone being a better hunter. How did that get into the conversation and even if it did why would anyone care? Is there are good hunter scoreboard somewhere that I am not aware of? Mrt Jeez, I must be crabby today.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 2:50 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
Where is Buffalo County?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 22 Posts