Looking for a good easy to use GPS APP for Iphone

10/15/15 @ 3:47 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Watchinbobbers
Watchinbobbers
USER since 6/30/10
I need a good and easy to use GPS APP for use on Iphone. I don't feel like spending a lot of time learning how to use it so I want something simple. I'd rather pay for a decent app than use a freeby with all kinds of ads on it. But I do want a 1 time purchase not something I have to pay a yearly fee for. Can I get some recommendations. (Also do not want Navionics, have the boating app from them and do not like the way it functions for navigation.)
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
11/3/15 @ 11:31 AM
tiddies1981
tiddies1981
USER since 1/22/15
I've used OnX hunt maps for 2 years now. Love it. It your not sure download the free trial and see for yourself.

Post Your Comment
11/3/15 @ 11:15 AM
Wandering Eye's
Wandering Eye's
USER since 9/23/03
An app I found that I really like is onX HUNT. I am not sure if it is exactly what you are looking for but it is worth taking a look at. It offers 30 day free trial, satellite view with property boundary lines and owners names. After the trial offer I think the cost is $30...

Wandering Eye's

Post Your Comment
10/16/15 @ 2:52 PM
mapper
mapper
USER since 1/4/02
So you guys might want to take a look at Avenza Systems GeoPDF map app. It doesn't have maps loaded into it, but is the app to use to load geoPDf's into your phone. Before I go further- no I don't have anything to do with this company, but i do use this app. Once you download the app, which is free you can then purchase or in some cases get free maps for the area you want to hunt.I use the USGS topo quads. It has a GPS function as well as the ability to drop pins with notes. This can be used to mark stands, scrape lines, etc.. It doesn't have the moon phase or other features. By only selecting the maps you want you are able to keep the "file" size down.I'm happy with it for what I use it for.

Mapper

Post Your Comment
10/15/15 @ 4:50 PM
jlkohl
jlkohl
USER since 6/9/02
I started another thread on this and not much response. I'm a pretty "old school" kind of guy and am not much into all the gadgets etc, per sey, but do like to know current wind/weather, moon and sun rise/set times, etc., I was using "Scout Look", although their recent update sucks and I lost alot of info. (Had all stands marked on the mapping feature and notes as to direction of each stand for wind etc.) Have about 14 stands out and it's nice to see the entire property and layout of stands for day to day sits. I just downloaded the "Hunt Stand" app and it has some good features. Yep, a few ads, but it was free and has what I want. Pretty easy to navigate.

Post Your Comment