SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

Hunting The Moon Phase

5/17/18 @ 11:23 PM
INITIAL POST
amanda121287
User since 5/17/18

Can anyone help me better understand effective ways to hunt the moon phases? Ive been doing a little digging around on the web and downloaded an app which shows me the best days to hunt. My question is has anyone found that hunting a new moon as opposed to a full moon more effective? Is it best to hunt a few days before and after a full moon? Or am I wasting my time? Thx for your input.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts
10/23/18 @ 8:23 PM
fishfillet
User since 1/8/13

Moon directly over head or directly under foot no matter the phase.

5/18/18 @ 9:26 PM
Casedog
Casedog
User since 10/4/11

Start hunting October 31st and don’t stop until you got the big one! I take November 1st through the 10th every year with the first being better than the 10th depends on weather! Right before and after a storm are musts and the moon is your best friend!! If the moons up so are the deer!

5/18/18 @ 7:05 AM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

1. Dont hunt on Full or New moon days. I have 6 years of data from trail cameras and hunting to back that up.

2. If its not one of those phases play the pressure/temp game. That will kill more big deer than anything else. Looking back at the last 6 P&Y/B&C deer my family has killed all but one has come on a day with rising pressure over 30.00" and falling temperature. Take that to the bank.

Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE