Hunting The Moon Phase

10/8/14 @ 12:07 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
Can anyone help me better understand effective ways to hunt the moon phases? Ive been doing a little digging around on the web and downloaded an app which shows me the best days to hunt. My question is has anyone found that hunting a new moon as opposed to a full moon more effective? Is it best to hunt a few days before and after a full moon? Or am I wasting my time? Thx for your input.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
10/8/14 @ 4:32 PM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
I agree, weather is more of an important factor. What I have learned about the moon and hunting in 30 years is that there is no way to predict deer activity by the moon. If anything, I do tend to notice less activity during full moons, except during the rut where it doesn't seem to matter.

Post Your Comment
10/8/14 @ 4:07 PM
fishfinder101
fishfinder101
USER since 1/1/10
I go by weather and temp more than the moon. I've also always felt that on a clear night with a full moon the deer are up feeding more often/longer from my experiences. I really have had a lot of luck seeing deer after we have a streak of bad weather, like two really windy, cold, or rainy days, then I'll hunt the 3rd day even if the weather hasnt changed on the third day. My brother brought this up about 10 years ago and its been something we've paid attention to since and its been working out well for us.

Post Your Comment
10/8/14 @ 3:49 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
Temperature and weather conditions are more important in my opinion.

Post Your Comment