Helping the less fortunate

8/20/15 @ 10:54 AM
ORIGINAL POST
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
I'm very tired of all the help groups that just want money. I would like to start a deal where we help people at a personal level. People need a break from all the struggles of life. Many of us are lucky enough to be skilled hunters,fishermen, or tradesmen. Let's all try to make the world a better place. Let's help a vet maybe let him or her shoot a deer or take a kid squirrel hunting or taking over a bunch of fish fillets to an elderly couple. this world is a zoo and it needs help. I was reminded of this today when my neighbors received a "free" car. these people work their butts off both have jobs and no state aid. But due to very crazy things they have 5 kids. each was married once before one the mom died leaving the dad with 3 and the mom had 2 her ex went to jail for drugs. So now these people have 5 kids both work no aid and never complain but they had a vehicle go down, no cash to repair. So a neighbor gave them a 2001 Chevy lumina 200.000 miles you would think they just got a caddie. Point is we can make a difference. I'm giving up my gun stand on private land to a lady who has never shot a deer. I'm also gonna do some home repair for free. What are you willing to do to make the world better. And for anyone who says They don't have the money or time I call bs, after paying my bills last week I have $268.37 to my name, work 60 hrs a week and volunteered 20 hrs last week to helping a widow pack and move. If we all just help a little we can all make a big difference. Let's make a change for the better.
Edited on 8/20/15 11:11 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
9/7/15 @ 12:17 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
Awesome job Tim. You just made the world a better place man.

Post Your Comment
8/21/15 @ 3:05 PM
Tim_T
Tim_T
USER since 6/17/11
I am expecting to draw a bear tag this year and have already contacted a group based in Pittsville who is tax exempt, to donate my tag to a sick youngster. I set the parameters. Bait or hounds. I also request that I be there. They said no problem. They will set it up. They do this kids, vets, you name it.

Tim

Post Your Comment
8/20/15 @ 9:49 PM
Steve @ G & S
Steve @ G & S
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Great post. It just goes to show that EVERYONE has something they can give to help those less fortunate.

The question is, Are YOU willing?

Formerly Steve @ G & S

Post Your Comment