Gun Storage at Camp

3/17/16 @ 1:03 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Deertroller
Deertroller
USER since 4/30/15
I need a place to store guns at deer/ grouse camp while we are there. First thought was just an outdoor rack like you would see at a trap club, so that we would have somewhere to put rifles when coming in for lunch. But then, sometimes it is snowing or raining. Then there is also the issue of not wanting to bring a cold gun in the cabin overnight to accumulate condensation, then freeze in the morning. So- I would like to build an outdoor, enclosed gun rack. Does anyone have something similar that they could share ideas? Happy hunting!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
3/18/16 @ 3:33 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
I won a rack that was sold at Menard's and is pretty nice. Folds up for storage in a closet when not needed. Holds 6 guns and is made from composite/plastic.

I believe it sold for around $20.00.

Post Your Comment
3/18/16 @ 12:23 PM
GreatOutdoors2001
GreatOutdoors2001
USER since 7/5/01
I don't have any examples of what I have built, but we all have nice hard cases. We'll just leave them in the case, usually unlatched, with the case laying in the back of a pickup. As our pickups have caps, they are protected from the elements, easy to get to in the morning, and kept at the hunting temperature so the gun freezing risk is mitigated.

You could always look at one of those cheap metal gun lockers and use that. You can get some of them that hold 6-8 guns for around $150.

Post Your Comment