Good Bye, BACKTAGS!!!!

3/4/16 @ 4:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Mossy Horns
Mossy Horns
USER since 6/15/01
http://www.greenbaypressgazette.com/story/sports/outdoors/hunting/2016/03/03/goodbye-backtags-and-good-riddance/81150024/ I've never had an issue wearing them. Side note. Think about this for a second, had it not been for the back tags, they would not have been able arrest Vang for the shooting he did in WI? The hunting party wrote his back tag number in the dirt. Without back tags he would've gotten away with murdering 6 people.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 54 Posts
3/18/16 @ 10:29 AM
browning3
browning3
USER since 5/23/02
Ummmm...Punctuation matters fellas! And if you're posting while on the sauce, and having issues driving your keyboard, you may want to make yourself a note to edit your posts when sober. Just sayin! Wink

Post Your Comment
3/17/16 @ 9:14 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
According to Wisconsin Outdoor News it is a travesty that the tradition is broken. Those jokers whine about anything that the DNR has done since a Democrat was in the Govenor's office. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
3/16/16 @ 3:15 PM
alcrumpler
alcrumpler
USER since 7/19/09
I see nothing to lose nothing to gain but $3.99 on backstage holder.this rule bring nothing to Wisconsin sportsman it's a joke wasted money Debaiting it.myself as a patron would like to see money spent other Ways like more land stuff of such that matters my thoughts on turning in violator s from their back tag is 1 you are way to close an most likely aren't going to get much 2 how many actually get caught complaint to the once that get always you will back tags don't help . 3 if you are violating an have a tag on you should be castrated an do the gene pool a favor . Just one guys opinion.

Post Your Comment
3/15/16 @ 4:12 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
Browning3

No more having to have a part of the deer visible before it's registered - CHECK! Not a big deal with a pick up but in a van, wagon, or SUV it could be a real PITA.

Post Your Comment
3/15/16 @ 3:31 PM
browning3
browning3
USER since 5/23/02
Finally the DNR is starting to do things right!

No more backtags-Check

No more stupid registration stations - check

Public and private land specific doe tags - check

No more CWD slaughter - check!

Post Your Comment
3/15/16 @ 3:27 PM
ere
ere
USER since 2/22/07
Don't pitch your old tag holders, the deer carcass tag (now paper) does not have to be immediately placed on the deer, however, when you leave the deer it needs to be on it. I'm gonna use that noisy plastic piece of crap to hold my tag, the pin is an added bonus no more zip ties. Heck a guy could be totally ahead of his time and carry a pen in it to write down the confirmation number. Recycling at its best.

Post Your Comment
3/14/16 @ 6:55 AM
Todd Young
Todd Young
USER since 6/25/15
Wore back tags in PA up in till a couple seasons ago. Still getting used to it. I keep my license in my wallet now but sometimes forget a pen, zip ties etc. the little things I used to keep in the holder. Always prepared for the first day but as the seasons go on gear and clothing changes are the issue. I went back to keeping everything in my old license holder.

Muddy Creek Fishing Guides
(724) 674-3839
Post Your Comment
3/13/16 @ 11:14 AM
fishfillet
fishfillet
USER since 1/8/13
WI was the last or one of the last states that required them. all the other states seem to do just fine without them and WI will be just fine this coming year and in the future. people fear change and that's all it is for the pro back taggers. the sky is not falling people. once the season starts, you'll forget all about the issue.

Post Your Comment
3/13/16 @ 9:52 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
If I was going to violate I would have obscured my backtag. I doubt that makes me a (potential) criminal genius.

Otoh,I went to a lot of trouble making a backtag holder that was "soft" and didn't make noise when it moved against tree bark....OK,it wasn't completely silent but was muck better than the crap commercially available... I knew there was discussion about ending the backtag requirement but didn't think it would happen before this upcoming bow season.

Post Your Comment
3/12/16 @ 8:52 PM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Local law enforcement handles tresspassing complaints....write a letter to your sherrif and ask that all citizens where ID numbers to enforce laws.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 54 Posts