Extra deer

10/26/15 @ 11:20 AM
ORIGINAL POST
RiverGuy
RiverGuy
USER since 6/20/03
Just throwing this out there, if anyone shoots or wants to shoot extra legally tagged deer I would be very happy to take any off your hands. Freezers empty and we had no luck last fall. Trying this fall but hunting time cut back and very limited. Please just shoot me a PM and I will give you my cell number. Thanks! RG
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
11/19/15 @ 1:29 PM
flyguy329
flyguy329
USER since 1/25/06
Read a couple of articles about the road kill thing. They suggested using the police scanner. I downloaded the app on the phone and listened one night...lots of deer/car calls....none around me....Looking for jerky.

Post Your Comment
11/19/15 @ 11:31 AM
RiverGuy
RiverGuy
USER since 6/20/03
Just bumping this to the top before the weekend. Thanks

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 11:10 AM
RiverGuy
RiverGuy
USER since 6/20/03
You too, qdmaguy!

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 8:42 AM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
I've never been able to tell the difference between the ones that get hit by a car or the ones that get hit by my arrow????

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 8:24 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
I think they make you take the whole thing. But then again what is the difference if you take some of it and leave the rest lay there vs just leaving the whole thing there and not caring about it? Either way they have a dead deer carcass on the side of the road.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 3:19 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
If you think about it, how hard would it be to swoop in and rescue the back straps? At least on a side road. Might get a little complicated on HWY 41. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 2:05 PM
woodturner
woodturner
USER since 2/12/04
While on the road kill subject, I've wondered about the legality of just carving off some meat of a road killed deer and taking it home but I guess that wouldn't be legal. Probably not practical to try and register just a hind quarter or some tenderloins either! Lots of good meat going to waste out there especially this time of year.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 2:02 PM
woodturner
woodturner
USER since 2/12/04
Since I quit deer hunting I'm always on the lookout for a fresh roadkill in good shape, especially on not so busy roads. Picked up a dead spiker last November that was hit in the head, perfect deer. Called state patrol and they gave me a number to give to the registration station and got it tagged, way easier than hunting!

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 1:22 PM
reeldrag83
reeldrag83
USER since 12/20/12
I love road kill deer. Best part I don't have to burn a tag. More times then not they are in pretty good shape. I have seen deer during gun season that looked like they were in Iraq they were shot up so bad.

Post Your Comment
10/28/15 @ 10:25 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Don't forget about road kills, especially this time of year. Sure it gets joked about but a lot of venison goes to waste on the side of the road. Doesn't matter if it dies from an arrow, bullet, or car, its still a deer. I know in the past my dad picked up a few that were not hit real bad. Free meat. Used to listen to a scanner and when one was reported, drive over and see how it was. Might have to cut around some blood shot areas, but I've seen some pretty shot up gun deer too LOL.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts