Deer Hunting Happiness Thread

11/20/15 @ 8:30 AM
ORIGINAL POST
land man
land man
USER since 9/12/06
Post here if you enjoyed your season, had a good time, etc, etc.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts
12/19/15 @ 11:03 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Had a great season. Did ok on my land but got a monster buck on public land. In fact there was even an article and picture in the paper about it. It was a tough track and drag, around the swing sets and slides and hiking trails. Some guy came up and hassled me as I was tracking. Oh well, he must have been jealous. Gotta go, some guys in uniforms are at the door. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
12/18/15 @ 10:18 PM
Del Roy
Del Roy
USER since 2/17/14
Every day I have the opportunity to deer hunt (or to be outdoors hunting or fishing for anything, for that matter) is a happy time for me. This one was especially enjoyable foe me as My 10 year old son got a doe on the fourth day of the season, after hunting hard for 4 days. Very proud of the kid who was very patient and had passed on an earlier shot, that we felt was slightly out of his range. So yeah, no complaints here!

Post Your Comment
12/15/15 @ 11:37 AM
fishingmaster1997
fishingmaster1997
USER since 4/18/12
I didn't see or shoot a thing. Still had a great time

Post Your Comment
12/11/15 @ 12:08 PM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05
I was happy for not getting shot on public land.

Post Your Comment
12/10/15 @ 9:42 PM
standard_lengthy
standard_lengthy
USER since 6/8/07
Every season is a blessing. Saw huge deer, shot a good deer. Happy times.

Post Your Comment
12/10/15 @ 8:47 PM
badgerstatehunter
badgerstatehunter
USER since 2/6/06
During opening weekend we always hunt a piece of public land that has really gone downhill recently. However, me and my brother were able to double up on smaller deer opening day afternoon. I made a marginal hit but found it after a difficult track. The high five I got from my dad when we found it was a rare show of emotion. That land is his baby. He's hunted it since he was a kid and I could tell how pumped he was for us to have success there. I hunt some nice private during bow and after opening weekend and had a great year getting two nice bucks for the first time ever, but that was the happiest I was after a kill in a long time. That was fun.

Post Your Comment
12/10/15 @ 6:33 PM
Wicasa
Wicasa
USER since 11/11/15
Pure and simple, I still enjoy hunting for its own sake. With a bazillion complaint threads, I hope we'll keep this one positive.

Post Your Comment
12/10/15 @ 6:18 PM
drptine
drptine
USER since 6/6/07
No deer! Land prices plummeting. To many wolves! Land prices plummeting.

Post Your Comment
12/10/15 @ 6:08 PM
Sashimi Slammer
Sashimi Slammer
MEMBER since 3/17/05
CWD in Oneida county...land prices plummeting.

Post Your Comment
12/1/15 @ 8:59 PM
Igor
Igor
USER since 6/20/01
My 9 year-old got to come up on Tuesday to spend the inaugural deer camp at our place. Hunted with 3 other buddies who came up Tuesday and stayed until Sunday. To say he had a blast was an understatement. Hopefully he passes Hunter Ed this coming summer and can hunt next year.

It is all he's talked about since we got home...........

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 37 Posts