CWD Breakthrough

3/8/18 @ 9:35 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Brother of the brush
Brother of the brush
USER since 1/22/12

It took a mere year in a multiyear study to determine cwd infected deer don't live as long as non infected deer.  That's some money well spent!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
3/9/18 @ 3:56 PM
Brother of the brush
Brother of the brush
USER since 1/22/12

I wish your post had a "like" button JC!

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 9:55 AM
JC-Wisconsin
JC-Wisconsin
USER since 4/1/05

That is groundbreaking science.  Also matches studies also already conducted out west.  I had no idea that deer infected with CWD don't live as long as uninfected deer.  

Every dollar invested in research for CWD management is frankly a waste of money.  That money would be more useful being stuck into vaccine and prion/spiroplasma research, and would also be more useful for soaking up oil on the floor of my garage.  No CWD management study will result in any positive outcome, and really shed no light on anything useful to have any impact on CWD transmission or new data.  I am sure there are researchers at the UW or elsewhere that would love to turn that money into real outcomes.

The money spent on CWD is sickening since it has basically been torched for no purpose.  Combine that with the dollars to support the useless elk reintroduction program and we would have some funding available for true science.

My 2 cents.

Post Your Comment
3/9/18 @ 7:41 AM
madforlabs
madforlabs
USER since 12/20/12

Way to post things out of context BOB. It's year one of a 5 year study and the capture sample size was limited. Good science takes time...

Post Your Comment