Covert Cameras**** Customers BEWARE!!!

9/29/14 @ 9:10 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
USER since 11/2/07
I wanted everyone here to find out about Covert Cameras and their poor quality and service. I had a Covert that after a month of use had issues, I called covert and they sent me an upgraded camera very quickly. I was very happy about this, I used the camera for a month last year and put it away. I put it out this year and it only takes day time pics, the night pics are just black. So I call them figuring its less than a year that I have owned the camera so its covered by the warranty right.... Wrongo Bongo!!!! The girl at covert told me " that since it was a replacement camera it was only warranted for 90 days!!!" I said that I only used the 1st camera for a month, and this one for a month, and now its no good to me and you wont stand behind it? She offered me 30% off another camera!!! I told her no thanks I would not be buying another covert camera ever again if this is how their company operates!!! She told me that was all she was allowed to do, but I could talk to a manager if I like. I said that would be great. After holding 5 minutes, she came back on and said her manager would call me back in a few minutes. I have never got a call back. This is just great, anyone want a camera that only takes day time pics? I should have never bought anything else besides Bushnells
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
10/4/14 @ 11:02 AM
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
USER since 11/2/07
Glad to hear stealth cam is back in the game!!

Post Your Comment
10/2/14 @ 5:25 PM
maxracx
maxracx
USER since 4/14/02
I bought 3 of the new G42NG's from Stealth Cam. They have been in the field since June with no issues, still on the same set of batteries. I am super happy with the night time pics and awesome 10 second video clips. I heard the old Stealth cams were junk, but this new series is getting rave reviews on all the reviewing website. I got mine from Outdoor Trail Cam.com.He got them to me in 2 days with free shipping. I did screw up by not getting the bear box and python cable. That will be my next purchase. Best of luck

Edited on 10/2/14 5:26 PM
Post Your Comment
10/2/14 @ 2:42 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
I've been hearing good things about Browning. Our neighbor picked up a couple and they take some great pictures. That's what I plan on purchasing next time I buy a new camera.

Post Your Comment
10/2/14 @ 1:04 PM
Got Shnitz?
Got Shnitz?
USER since 11/2/07
I am thinking about trying the new browning cameras next year.

Post Your Comment
10/1/14 @ 6:36 AM
1cast-away
1cast-away
USER since 2/2/09
Thanks for the info. Had a similar situation with Stealth Cam a few years ago.

Post Your Comment
10/1/14 @ 5:35 AM
lookn' 4 PnY
lookn' 4 PnY
USER since 7/15/05
We have a couple covert cameras that are at least 5-6 years old and still running strong. Still does not excuse the lack of customer service.

Post Your Comment
9/30/14 @ 8:22 PM
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
Bite_size_to a_bluegill
USER since 12/26/04
I paid a few more bucks and ordered 2 browning strike force cams from trailcampro.com. 2 free 8 gig cards and a two year warranty no questions asked. My clip broke on the one cam sent browning an email and two days later I received 2 clips free of charge. Ive heard good things about covert, but if they treat there customers like that im glad I went with browning.

Post Your Comment
9/30/14 @ 4:51 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
spypoints are a solid camera. battery life is great takes good night pictures.

Post Your Comment
9/29/14 @ 12:28 PM
1MUSKYHEAD
1MUSKYHEAD
USER since 7/23/08
I'll take the daytime only camera! Message me about it!!

Post Your Comment