SEARCH
MORE
General Hunting Discussion

CDAC Members

4/16/18 @ 11:35 AM
INITIAL POST
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Please consider the recent snow fall in your antlerless harvest quotas!

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts
4/26/18 @ 3:28 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06
Oh I thought you meant they increased them from March. I think many counties are still a little higher or similar to last year even after cuts, except Price, they cut 6250 antlerless tags. 
4/26/18 @ 2:29 PM
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

Fishsqueezer, that is correct. The march preliminary recommendation for harvest quota was made before the snow fall.  There was no reduction after the hard spring. Also, they increased the quota size more than it has been for at least the past two seasons! Public land quota was 175 if memory serves me right.

4/26/18 @ 9:13 AM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

According to the meeting minutes, Oconto county tag levels did not increase, they remained unchanged from March... 325/750 public/private tags in the northern forest and 450/1825 public/private tags in farmland. 

4/26/18 @ 6:43 AM
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

So it sounds like alot of counties did in fact drop the antlerless quota.  I wonder why northern forest of oconto county increased theirs?! Most of the land is Nicolet National Forest with the goal of increasing the herd size. Oh well, more years to come of SEEING very few deer!

4/25/18 @ 1:18 PM
Saronafish
Saronafish
User since 1/5/05

Douglas dropped their quota by like 250 because of the winter...

Funny how Counties WAY south of us dropped their quotas by WAY more.

4/24/18 @ 10:46 PM
Water Dog
User since 6/18/01

Lincoln County reduced the tags by 1000. 

4/24/18 @ 12:39 PM
Fishsqueezer
User since 5/19/06

Just perusing the CDAC meeting minutes and it appears Forest, Oneida, and Sawyer dropped quotas some. Ashland and Iron went buck only from pretty small preliminary tag levels. Price had a preliminary tag level of 5000 private and 1250 public and dropped to zero. A little drastic perhaps since they supposedly had enough deer to justify those tag levels in the first place but the people have spoken. 

4/24/18 @ 12:28 PM
Bugeye1
User since 9/25/14

How many counties dropped their antlerless quota with regards to the intense spring snow fall in northern Wi?  Northern forest of oconto county increased the antlerless quota while trying to increase herd size!

4/16/18 @ 8:58 PM
no-luck
User since 12/14/12

I am a member of Eau Claire County CDAC and spoke to DNR biologist today.  He is looking at adjusting Winter severity index for this area.  We discussed that effects on fawns that could be being born soon.

4/16/18 @ 8:31 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Thanks for the info.

Tim 

4/16/18 @ 3:24 PM
clueless
User since 10/24/04

Last months meetings came up w/ antlerless proposals for each county. April 2-12 the public could comment on the county proposals. This week each county CDAC will meet and come up with final antlerless quotas for there county which must be approved by the NRB board in May.  This weeks CDAC meetings are open to the public. Attend and voice your opinion.

4/16/18 @ 12:27 PM
Tim_T
User since 6/17/11

Have they set the quotas yet? If they have, I would think they couldn't change them. Aren't their duties/deadlines set by statute? Please correct me if I am wrong on that.

Tim

Displaying 1 to 13 of 13 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE