I've heard stories after stories of Canadian fishing trips being so ridiculous. 150 walleyes and/or pike in a day...fish biting tin foil on a hook, casting a jig to the shore, letting it drop and hits immediately. Fish on multiple casts....etc...

There are a lot of lakes in Northern Wi. with little to no pressure, so I don't know if the lack of fishing pressure is always what makes Canadian fishing so great....Maybe I'm hearing only the "good" stories and plenty of people do poorly in Canada....or perhaps, people are exaggerating their catches...although I've heard so many stories that I doubt that. Is it possible people are usually going during a time of year when fish are stacked up in certain places and either they know that, or the people at the lodging places know that...or do the slot limits in Canada help more than the slot limits here in the states....or do Canadian lakes just have more fish?? At some point though, a lake usually just can't kick out a big size structure and high density that equals a lot of fish and many big fish.

I'm just curious....I have never been to Canada. But, I do wonder why I keep hearing such amazing stories. Fishing is fishing...how can Canadian lakes be SO much better than anything around here....Any thoughts or personal experience? I'd love to hear your "whys" or at least "why you think...." etc...