Where / what to catch in August

7/6/14 @ 12:05 PM
ORIGINAL POST
UltraMolds
UltraMolds
USER since 7/6/14
Hi can anyone give me some advice / suggestions for a trip i'm planning for my brother-in-laws 40th Birthday?? He's an experienced Bass fisherman in Louisiana but I will be taking the trip with him and I'm very much a novice angler. I know he'd like to try for some difference species that we don't get down south. I'd like to take him on a guided trip for 3 days around August 6th. Where's good this time of year and what's likely to be catching?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
7/8/14 @ 6:57 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
LL2F - that would be Labelle.

Post Your Comment
7/8/14 @ 6:54 AM
ladyloves2fish
ladyloves2fish
MEMBER since 8/23/12
Hi Guys - this thread is a good one. My brother is an avid Bass & Crappie fisherman from Branson MO. He's coming up to visit for a family reunion in August and he and I typically like to go fishing together when he comes. I would be very open to suggestions ( I am a novice ) where in the Delafield area would you suggest we go, and is there any way we can hope to catch Walleye? If so, where? How? Suggestions appreciated.

Post Your Comment
7/7/14 @ 1:38 PM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
3 days and guy is from down south? I would base out of Sturgeon Bay, fish for eyes and smallies out on Green Bay, and Salmon fish out of sturgeon bay or Algoma. I know a guide who does all 3 very well. PM me if you would like his name. He has done combo trips in the past for a discount.

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 5:13 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
...Or you could spend the week in Vilas.

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 4:48 PM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
Sorry .... I've loved the walleye fishing on Green Bay so far this year but when he gets up here the salmon fishing might be something he will never forget. Guided trips aren't cheap but Kewaunee and Algoma both have a fleet of excellent charters to choose from. Good luck in your choice; it's a win win situation either way you choose. It's just that fighting big Kings on Lake Michigan gets under your skin.

Post Your Comment
7/6/14 @ 1:09 PM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
check out some guides up on green bay. prob have good walleye and small mouth action up by door county. follow reports before then to judge fishing conditions and whats biting.

Post Your Comment