What is the craziest thing you have caught fish on?

3/16/18 @ 3:40 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Be Awesome Outdoors
Be Awesome Outdoors
USER since 3/16/18

What is the weirdest thing you have caught fish on? I decided to go threw the house and see what I could catch fish on. Enjoy , and tell me what you have used for lures. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts
4/5/18 @ 1:17 PM
BassWhacker
BassWhacker
USER since 9/4/17

Bluegill on a Texas rig. The 3/0 hook is in his mouth.

Edited on 4/5/18 1:20 PM
Post Your Comment
4/5/18 @ 1:00 PM
.Long Barrels
.Long Barrels
USER since 12/9/14

"Bluegill on a Flickr Shad"

This is common on lake winnebago

Post Your Comment
4/5/18 @ 9:47 AM
david639
david639
USER since 3/7/11

One year in Canada fishing a Perch bed a small Northern grabbed the cork and held on until I almost had in the boat.

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 8:10 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

Used to catch chubs on a bare hook sprayed with wd 40. 

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 7:10 PM
SuspendedMusky
SuspendedMusky
USER since 12/9/08
A couple of decades ago I saw a picture in the Lakeland Times of 2 DNR personnel that caught a mid-40 inch class musky while completing water testing.  They were using a "torpedo" style water sampler on a string/small rope.  While the sampler was plummeting to the bottom a musky struck it.  The sampler passed through the gill rakers and out the back of the gill plate.  When they went to retrieve the sampler, the fish was stuck on the line.

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 5:13 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

It was on a family trip to Canada in the late 60's. We drove all the way up to Flin Flan in Northern Manitoba. The roads ended there, at the time. We fished out of a 17 foot canoe with a 1 and 7/10 kicker motor. My father really only knew how to catch walleyes by drifting for them with the old gold colored June Bug Spinners. All of our crawlers died on the way up there. We bought some tough stew meat and used cubes of that for bait on our spinners. It worked! We caught a a bunch of walleyes, pike and perch. I have never tried it since but it worked then and saved the trip. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 11:19 AM
svitreum
svitreum
USER since 8/29/06

Caught a 28" pike on a catfish dip bait tube, green to be exact. He hit it while I was reeling it in. This not only happened, it happened twice within 15 minutes of each other. Bonus fish for the pickle jar!!

Post Your Comment
4/2/18 @ 11:09 AM
Carp King
Carp King
USER since 8/7/01

I was taking my first cast of the year with just a flat no-roll sinker and a circle hook just to get the kinks,etc. Out of the line after sitting all winter.  Got a two foot northern on the bare hook.  The weight was twisting around and it got all excited.

I got a musky on opening day at Wingra using corn on a circle hook.  Thought it was snagged but was actually hooked in the mouth.

My mom was outfishing us in Fairplay, Colorado once.  My dad and I were fishing with spinners and salmon eggs and maybe got one fish. My mom was at the picnic table hauling them in like crazy.

She was using pieces of Wisconsin cheddar cheese for bait.

Post Your Comment
3/26/18 @ 3:32 PM
twistertom
twistertom
USER since 3/16/15

Bluegill on a Flickr Shad

Post Your Comment
3/20/18 @ 6:28 PM
markrazzy
markrazzy
USER since 6/23/09

Ah man, I kinda miss GnC's reports. 

Anyways, something a buddy tried and I've verified for Oak Creek browns out of the kayak (Milwaukee discharge too) - gummy worms. The sour ones seem to work a little better... But those browns will pretty much hit anything. 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 21 Posts