Wac-o-Worm vs Senko

7/15/14 @ 9:24 AM
ORIGINAL POST
PJL2112
PJL2112
USER since 4/8/10
I'm curious about the Wac-o-Worm that Gillespie is promoting on his show. I want to know if anyone has tried this lure, and if you've also fished with the Yamamoto Senko, for comparison. Wac-O just seems to be a Senko knock off, but it looks a little lower in price. They seem to be trying to get the salt content just right, and that intrigues me. I've been looking for a lower cost alternative to the Senko for some time now, but haven't found a suitable substitute. Just wondering how the two compare in terms fish-catching ability and durability.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts
10/13/14 @ 6:51 PM
Mr. G
Mr. G
USER since 7/4/01
I haven't tried the Wac-o-Worm yet, so no comment on that... But, I have found that Yum Dinger (Senko knock-off) worms seem to work every bit as good as the original Senko, at least for me.

Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 11:57 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
we use a variety

my personal favorite http://chompers.com/shop/salty-sinker/, salt and garlic , like green pumpkin and watermelon blue and red flake

my sons like StrikeKing Shimee Stick in baby bass..., the smallies really seem to love that color

I believe they also use Senko

haven't tried the Wac-O-Worms yet, but they will find their way to the tacklebox soon

just an fyi, my sons got me using circle hooks for rigging wacky style, works good

..also still toss out The Worm with good success black or purple with a pink or chartreuse tail

things have come a long way from the original Creme worm we still use rigged on an Eagle Claw weedless hook

Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 11:57 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
we use a variety

my personal favorite http://chompers.com/shop/salty-sinker/, salt and garlic , like green pumpkin and watermelon blue and red flake

my sons like StrikeKing Shimee Stick in baby bass..., the smallies really seem to love that color

I believe they also use Senko

haven't tried the Wac-O-Worms yet, but they will find their way to the tacklebox soon

just an fyi, my sons got me using circle hooks for rigging wacky style, works good

..also still toss out The Worm with good success black or purple with a pink or chartreuse tail

things have come a long way from the original Creme worm we still use rigged on an Eagle Claw weedless hook

Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 8:52 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
These are what I use. Salt content/action about as close to GYCB as you will find. Less money and the plastic is more durable. Usual disclaimer as CDS had mentioned... Oh and they are a WI company, based in Green Bay.

http://getbitbaits.com/stick_baits.htm

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 8:52 AM
Troy Stoeger
tstoeger
USER since 4/2/02
These are what I use. Salt content/action about as close to GYCB as you will find. Less money and the plastic is more durable. Usual disclaimer as CDS had mentioned... Oh and they are a WI company, based in Green Bay.

http://getbitbaits.com/stick_baits.htm

Troy Stoeger Guide Service
(920) 277-5578
Post Your Comment
10/8/14 @ 12:12 PM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
MEMBER since 12/22/04
what makes a senko excel over other brands I have tried are the following:

1) Weight allows for nice long casts without extra weight 2) Fall rate is fast enough you can cover water, but still slow enough to trigger strikes from wary biters. 3) the plastic formulation is soft enough that you get a lot of motion of bait.

If you fish them wacky style, the last point is important, less so if you are fishing them texas style. Everything I have ever tried is either too light in weight and I lose a lot of casting distance, or they are way too stiff.

When I first started using this lure it was a secret and now every store in America carries them. The fact it has not lost any effectiveness to me means there is no reason to ever change away from the Senko.

Post Your Comment
10/7/14 @ 9:48 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Full disclosure,Brian?

He's sponsored by Northland.

Nothing wrong with touting your sponsor's product but it's always nice to know when the recommendations of an "industry pro" are...not quite impartial.

Post Your Comment
10/7/14 @ 8:59 PM
Brian Hammarsten
Hammar
USER since 4/5/10
I have had good luck with Northland Tackle's Dip Stick Worm.

http://www.northlandtackle.com/Category/main.taf?cat=613

Seems like they are a little less expensive and hold up a little longer than other brands.

Roach's Guide Service
(763) 226-6656
Post Your Comment
7/17/14 @ 1:39 AM
PJL2112
PJL2112
USER since 4/8/10
Where do you buy them online? Anyhow, I prefer Texas rigging them and actually don't fish wacky style very often. Less snags and I don't seem to catch less fish.

Post Your Comment
7/16/14 @ 7:55 PM
wipanfisher
wipanfisher
USER since 12/12/12
I buy Senkos online much cheaper than the store. Do you rig them with an o-ring? I can catch several on just 1 worm. I havnt tried the new kalans more salt faster sink. Might try some this weekend if i can find them.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 9 of 9 Posts