SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

UV shirts

1/8/19 @ 10:04 AM
INITIAL POST
rmba
PRO MEMBER User since 7/1/10

I am looking to buy some UV long sleeve shirts, any of you guys use them?

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts
4/18/19 @ 11:45 AM
WBC
WBC
User since 6/17/01

I have been using Huk. Go to there website and sign up for there deal of the week and you can get huge discounts.  

4/18/19 @ 8:41 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I found that HUK runs a little big.  They have 3X on their website.

HUK UV long sleeved shirt

4/18/19 @ 8:12 AM
markrazzy
User since 6/23/09

I got my first long sleeve Columbia PFG shirt last year and loved it for kayak fishing on Lake Michigan.  Like that it's bright as well.  Did get salmon blood on it that didn't come out.  Been eyeing up one or two more and think I might spring for the "stain-resistant" ones and see how that works.  The Columbia ones do fit a little big.  I'm typically a medium-large size, bought a medium and it's pretty baggy.  I could probably go with a small.  Can't comment on the larger sizes, but the reviews on the Columbia ones seem to hint that they run big.  

I think I might also buy some pants this year as well, since my legs are pretty exposed in the kayak. 

UV shirts photo by markrazzy
4/18/19 @ 7:17 AM
SlipBobber2
User since 12/9/18

I too am looking to get some uv shirts but I need a 3x and most only have 2x.Anyone know where they have big and tall sizes? I can find long sleeve t shirts but they are not uv,I guess their better then nothing

4/17/19 @ 8:14 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

I was checking out the new HUK stuff at Cabellas.  Pricey.

Found the same stuff at Blaine's Farm and Fleet, only much better priced. 

I think they were $30 for the new ones, so I picked up a blue camo colored one.  Fits great and I can't wait to wear it on the water.

Love these shirts.  Simply the best for summertime fishing.

4/15/19 @ 12:06 PM
Zwiegs
User since 1/10/12

I too wear them all the time at my wifes urging.  It took a little to agree to wear a long sleeve shirt in the summer, but now I don't get in the boat without one on.

1/16/19 @ 12:12 AM
Tuffy2
User since 7/7/04

I wear them all the time when I’m fishing. It is best to stay with lighter colors. Cabela’s and Columbia have some nice ones. I bought the Columbia brand at their outlet store for $20 each.

1/14/19 @ 8:30 AM
Annes Regret
User since 7/7/11

"I am looking to buy some UV long sleeve shirts, any of you guys use them?"

Yes I do. I used to be a sun tanner. Not any more. Now it's long sleeves and sun screen and a hat that that covers my ears now. Sun glasses is a given. I see a dermonaglist every year now to check for melanoma. Sunbrella is pricy but works. Blood from fish is a given. Hope I answered your question.

1/14/19 @ 7:09 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

I bought two last year and I like them.  Keeps you cool when its hot and a splash of water helps when you are baking out there.  I have one from Cabelas and another off brand I bought.  The only bad thing that I don't care for about them is getting stains out.  Go with the dark colors as the fish blood kind of blends in.  I also wear them when its colder out and they are fine then also.

1/11/19 @ 6:42 PM
Bone-fish
Bone-fish
PRO MEMBER User since 11/3/16

Go to fishing equipment forum and scroll down to the "sun protection" post or something like that. I use huk and it works well. There are other cheaper but still effective and durable options by others on that posting. Here is my original response on UV protection.....................

I have to second the gaters. I too thought they were for kids. I was so wrong. On the hottest days I pull it over my neck, ears, and nose. It works with a baseball cap and sunglasses very well. It takes a little getting used to breathing with it over your nose and mouth but in a minute it's not to bad at all. As far as the brands they have been previously mentioned already and I always wear long sleeves on the really hot days. Yes a dark color is better than nothing but I typically buy white, grey, and light blue. Keep spares in my boat for guests or days I thought I wouldn't need them. Get the long sleeves with a colar too so your gator has overlap.

Displaying 1 to 11 of 11 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing fueled by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE