Tyepro tool

10/11/14 @ 1:28 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Stevekeno
Stevekeno
USER since 12/21/08
See this new tyepro tool advertised on lake link, looks like it would be very helpful, especially ice fishing.. Anyone try it yet? www.tyepro.com
Edited on 10/11/14 1:30 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
10/19/14 @ 6:34 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Amazon threader works great, has 2 different size wire threaders... pretty simple, poke wire loop thru the hook/jig/lure eye till it expands on the other side, feed line thru the threader and pull threader back... so for simply getting the line thru the eye, it is perfect

it a needle threader, so you can buy anywhere you can buy sewing thread

Post Your Comment
10/14/14 @ 10:42 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
got a reply from Tom, the inventor

"You are correct that many jigs with features near the eyelet can be a problem. It is incredibly difficult to design for all features that are found in fishing tackle. Based on most customer responses, I believe the current tool design meets the needs of many anglers, but I will continue to work on improvements to Tyepro."

I am happy with the Tyepro for the items it was designed for... clever design, will see how it holds up.

waiting for the threader from Amazon to ship

I think that should be the complement to the Tyepro, to help old eyes and not so steady hands

Post Your Comment
10/13/14 @ 9:10 AM
Stevekeno
Stevekeno
USER since 12/21/08
The site offered 2 different sizes of the tool, so that may be a factor. Will be interested to see your comments as to the comparison between the Tyepro and the Amazon threader...

Post Your Comment
10/13/14 @ 8:47 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
got one... after receiving it, tried it out. works good for threading a the line thru the hook or jig eye...BUT, only if the eye fits into the tool

doesn't really work with jigs with a short shank from the eye to the jig, or with most jigs with a weedless crowding the eye...simply doesn't accommodate these... the eye won't make it to the threading site

I'm keeping it. sent some feedback to the inventor... waiting to see if there is any reply

...this did make me research what I was looking for, and found a needle threader that I have ordered, that should allow threading the line on any lure, will report on that when it arrives

what I ordered:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000YZ462E/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Post Your Comment
10/12/14 @ 9:10 AM
Nickle4
Nickle4
USER since 4/22/02
BigBlueTruck look at the Cabellas website fishing tools-other fishing tools.I tried to post the link but for some reason it won't let me.It's called JigFisherman's Eyebuster

Edited on 10/12/14 9:13 AM
Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 1:38 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I could see how it would be usefull to thread the line through the lure if you're hard of seeing but other than that I don't see it being worth much. ALthough for those who do havea hard time seeing up close that may be worth enough to justify it.

Post Your Comment
10/11/14 @ 1:38 PM
ditto
ditto
USER since 12/6/10
I could see how it would be usefull to thread the line through the lure if you're hard of seeing but other than that I don't see it being worth much. ALthough for those who do havea hard time seeing up close that may be worth enough to justify it.

Post Your Comment