turtle flowage

1/4/15 @ 6:38 AM
ORIGINAL POST
slipery
slipery
USER since 1/30/11
I posted early er about a place up north lodging good food and fishing .We are thinking of Turtle Flambeau second week of june . any input on a place to stay ? We are going to want to rent a boat . We are Getting up there in age and would like a little comfort in the Boat, Seats ! Any input would be help full . The Flowage looks large I imagine a gps would be a good idea . Any Info would be a help Thanks Pete and Rosie
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
2/14/15 @ 6:16 PM
cap't steve
cap't steve
USER since 9/11/12
Cry of the loon resort!!! no better way to go! been up there a few times, prices are very reasonable and the owners are a delight. I went up there fishing with a few friends and, honestly not a bad word to say about the place. my dad grew up going to fly-in fishing camps in canada and i wanted to take him somewhere within the state where he could get the same feeling, needless the say he fell in love with the place. the first half of the first day we were there, he booked the cabin for the same time the next year. check it out. They also rent boats and have their own launch.

As far as fishing, we found the walleye and the smalls pretty thck in the submerged wood (july). With all of the campsites around the flow age, I was able to give my dad a real authentic shore lunch, his first since him and his dad did in canada. truly a wonder

Edited on 2/14/15 6:21 PM
Post Your Comment
1/5/15 @ 5:18 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
I would suggest Flambeau Vista

Scott and Kathy are great hosts, and FV1 & FV2 are about as good as it gets for accommodations... it's like going home. There's some historical background too. Very nice place to stay, comfortable and a convenient location on the flowage.

As far as boats, give them a call to see if they can help you with a rental.

Post Your Comment