General Fishing Discussion

Turtle Flambeau Flowage vs. Chippewa Flowage

9/23/18 @ 10:29 AM
INITIAL POST
Bronco111
Bronco111
User since 7/8/16

Guys/gals

I have an extra week of vacation next year and not sure where to spend it. I have decided that I will either go to Turtle Flambeau Flowage or Chippewa Flowage. Any of you fish both and have a opinion on which you prefer and why? Suggestions on where to stay?  This would be in July and there would be four of us, two adults and two 16 year olds. Cheaper the better...as long as it isn't a real dive :). Please PM me if you prefer. Thanks in advance everyone.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
9/24/18 @ 3:37 PM
big mac
User since 2/19/02

First off, I've only fished the TFF once.

I've been doing a yearly week long fishing trip on The Chip for about 35 years.

AWESOME body of water. Plenty of fish to catch & places to catch a nice variety. 

To me, I think finding a new hot spot is half the fun!

Move around,  try different baits, live & lures,  talk to others,  especially resort owners. 

Judt pick out a body of water & enjoy the complete experience. 

Good luck  

Big Mac 

9/23/18 @ 4:08 PM
poptop
User since 10/1/03

They’re both tough bodies of water for first timers. Lots of hazards. Chip is probably best for crappies. The turtle for walleyes and crappies. Both have both species. Walleye fishing is tougher on the chip. Not impossible but tougher. On the chip finding cribs is key for crappies. A good locater is a must.

Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE