Trolling motor blade cover.

7/4/15 @ 10:18 AM
ORIGINAL POST
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05
I got tired of worrying about the blades of my trolling motor tearing a hole in my boat cover. So I had this Frisbee just laying around. I drilled a couple holes and attached a small bungee cord to it to secure it to the motor. The Frisbee was just the right size. Now there are no points from the blade to poke through the canvas. http://www.frontiernet.net/~jaycub/trollingmotorcover.jpg
Edited on 7/4/15 10:15 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
7/5/15 @ 5:37 PM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
Thats a great idea! I sewed a patch of thin but strong plastic onto my boat cover where it touches the blades when I don't have my front seat in that seemed to work decently. I always make sure to turn off my master power though too to make sure it doesn't start spinning and tear a big hole through the cover lol

Fish Indy Guide and Electronics Service
(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
7/5/15 @ 1:08 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
I use to use a towel too. Make sure to unplug the trolling motor or turn it off. Being the guy that could tear up a junk yard. That's what my dad said anyway. I left the motor on and as I went down the road I guess the tarp kept hitting the power button. When i got home and was uncovering the boat I put my hand on the trolling motor and it was red hot. Not smart learned a lesson there. I sure do miss my Dad!

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
7/4/15 @ 10:11 PM
jbird68
jbird68
MEMBER since 1/24/05
I used to use a towel, also. But thought the Frisbee would be better. I've been trying to upload a photo but have been unable to do it on my Android phone. Keeps saying the jog is not a valid formula.

Post Your Comment
7/4/15 @ 12:31 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
That's a good idea too! We just use a Towel.

Post Your Comment