Think this picture is real?

5/8/15 @ 6:10 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
My buddy sent me this picture - a Pike with one head and two bodies. He said he came across it somewhere on the web. Doesn't look photo shopped - but I have no idea if it is legit...
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts
5/12/15 @ 5:51 AM
KenK
KenK
USER since 6/19/01
Here is a demonstration on how it could be done:

http://ontariofishingcommunity.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=32889

Post Your Comment
5/11/15 @ 12:25 PM
machoprogrammer
machoprogrammer
USER since 1/19/07
That's the gill plate of the bigger pike sticking up while the other fish's head is under the gill plate.

I attached a photo highlighting the gill plate

Post Your Comment
5/11/15 @ 10:49 AM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Oooolllllllddddddd photo. Over 10 years ago. Small fish head under the gill plate. No big deal. Same as the photo with the guy in Europe with the pike.

Post Your Comment
5/11/15 @ 9:36 AM
mendota
mendota
MEMBER since 12/19/01
Um, yes, that fish was real, and that picture has been around for at least ten years. Google "two-headed pike" and research it yourself.

Post Your Comment
5/10/15 @ 6:32 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
In a word...No. That photo has been passed around the internet for the last 10 years or so.

Post Your Comment
5/10/15 @ 7:32 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07
You're a goof Snake.

That must have happened before my time lol!

Post Your Comment
5/10/15 @ 7:12 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
What I really think is: Plmlk caught this thing out of Tichigan or Fox river. Waterford City council tried to build a Nuclear Powered Plant on the Waterford dam and it accidentally blew up before completion. Don't know if Plmlk is old enough to remember this tragic event. I've caught a lot of Two Headed Catfish and Crappie over in that there area over da years. I ate em. They say if you Deep Fry em for 4 minutes instead of three minutes, everything should be alright!!! Caught this Northern out of there two weeks ago and it just fell apart on the table!!!!!!

Post Your Comment
5/9/15 @ 12:41 PM
Whitetailfever29
Whitetailfever29
USER since 11/20/12
This happens all the time when using stringers. Even had bluegills slide under the gillplate of another when I used stringers as a kid. Pic shows that clearly.

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 10:45 PM
MRGLAX
MRGLAX
USER since 10/20/05
Really? That's two fish on a stringer, probably towed alongside the boat back to the ramp. Water pressure forces bigger fish to slide down over snout of smaller fish and voila. Notice how there's one strand of rope sticking out of his mouth, but you can't see where it's tied off?

Post Your Comment
5/8/15 @ 10:08 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
that pic has been around for a long time

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 14 Posts