USER since 12/14/09
Anyone ever try it? Any thoughts?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
11/18/15 @ 7:09 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
From what I understand, when fishing tenkara, you use a heavy line that is the length of your bamboo pole or a little longer. The only difference is you're using a fly for bait. That's why they use the heavy line. We used any line we could get a hold of out of Dad's fishing supplies. Sometimes it was heavy line, which was good because it lasted longer and was more manageable. The only difference was not using a fly. Tenkara line isn't long with slack like fly fishing. The only thing different I can think of is its top water and bamboo, and I was under water with Kane. Not rocket science. Interesting though. They have different fish than we have, but The biggest reason I believe they use their set up is its cheap. So was ours.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 8:15 PM
Hildy Boys
Hildy Boys
USER since 12/14/09
Wow you guys did way more sophisticated cane pole fishing then I ever did. It seemed more like fly fishing to me then it did cane pole fishing.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 7:41 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I looked it up too. It's basically Kane pole fishing, acting like you're Fly Fishing but really not? It's cheap, and they had plenty of Bamboo. We used Kane poles in creeks and rivers. Basically the same thing but it is a much more Romantic name. IMO I'm not trying to be a smart Alec either.

Post Your Comment
11/17/15 @ 2:56 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
not trying to be a wise guy, but that is how we fished with cane poles

Post Your Comment