Sturgeon Bay Smallmouth

5/18/14 @ 2:53 PM
ORIGINAL POST
BadgerRedd
BadgerRedd
USER since 3/11/07
Hi folks, After about 30 years of going to the BWCA and Ontario Provincial Park fishing for smallies/walleyes with my Dad, due to health concerns he can't risk being "in the bush" for a while. The thought of not being in the canoe catching those bronze backs is really upsetting him so I'm curious if we could try fishing the Sturgeon Bay Area for smallies with my 18' Alumacraft Navigator w/150 Optimax and 9.9 kicker? Never been there, no idea of launch areas close to good smallmouth areas (in case of foul weather), no idea of water hazards, I simply have no clue about where to go, all I know is he read lots of magazines claiming how fantastic the smallmouth fishing is. Hiring a guide is not an option as he's not able to afford one and only wants to fish with family(my brother & I) Any advice on where we could go and even if my boat is big enough for the area? Thanks for the help !!
Edited on 5/18/14 2:56 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
6/22/14 @ 3:26 PM
Basstastic
Basstastic
USER since 5/10/13
Went out today from 7 am to 3pm... only two smallies to show for it. Tube and drop shot. Anyone know where they are? Thought there would be a lot more action... and boats for that matter.

Post Your Comment
5/29/14 @ 10:54 AM
Party Crasher 2
Party Crasher 2
USER since 8/8/09
Your boat is fine. Obviously don't go out there in 25 mph winds, but other than that your boat is perfect. Quarry Park, Sawyer Park and Sunset Park are all good launches.

Post Your Comment