SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

spring walley run

10/10/18 @ 10:20 PM
INITIAL POST
born2fish2015
User since 1/24/15

Hello, im looking to set a trip up for a week long spring walleye run. wondering if you one could help me out. looking for a cabin on a lake/river during a walleye run. looking anywhere in Wisconsin. any information would help a lot.

Thank you.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
10/15/18 @ 9:19 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

If it were me, I'd setup in or around DePere, second or third week in March.  The Fox River is a ton of fun, and you have realistic chances at 28 inch plus sized fish...along with a lot of 17 inchers.  Tons of spots to fish around there, too.  And...you can always run north to Oconto/Peshtigo/Marinette, or a little south to the Wolf.  DePere is kind of centrally located.  But...you aren't eating anything out of the Fox...I think it is a one fish limit, 28 inch minimum...and....well, I wouldn't eat anything out of that river period.  Hire a guide to show you the Fox on day one, then spend the rest of the time re-fishing those spots and finding new ones.  

Ryan Grant showed me the river, he is outstanding.  I know he fishes all those river systems above, from the Wolf all the way up to the Menomonee.

Ryan Grant website

10/15/18 @ 9:17 AM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

If it were me, I'd setup in or around DePere, second or third week in March.  The Fox River is a ton of fun, and you have realistic chances at 28 inch plus sized fish...along with a lot of 17 inchers.  Tons of spots to fish around there, too.  And...you can always run north to Oconto/Peshtigo/Marinette, or a little south to the Wolf.  DePere is kind of centrally located.  But...you aren't eating anything out of the Fox...I think it is a one fish limit, 28 inch minimum...and....well, I wouldn't eat anything out of that river period.  Hire a guide to show you the Fox on day one, then spend the rest of the time re-fishing those spots and finding new ones.  

Ryan Grant showed me the river, he is outstanding.  I know he fishes all those river systems above, from the Wolf all the way up to the Menomonee.

Ryan Grant website

10/14/18 @ 4:00 PM
skarbo1
User since 2/3/05

You could also look at below the dams on the Mississippi,4,5,5A,6,7 or 8......Early spring run is great!....Plenty of the amenities too...

10/13/18 @ 6:23 AM
GRANDAD
User since 6/1/09

If you want eaters,Wolf or Fox River From Oskosh to New London? If you want a real trophy can't beat Marinette,Pestigo, Oconto area!Lots of places to stay and 27"plus fish are common! Early season only 1 fish but ,most release big girls! As usual WEATHER is the key to success!

10/12/18 @ 5:38 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

I would also say to try the Fremont area for the spring run.  You have the potential to play bumper boats, but its fun.  There are a lot of VRBO's to choose from as well as renting a room or trailer from the various resorts.  I suggest Han A Lula (spelling) or Gala.  Our group has stayed there and each time we have not had any complaints.

10/11/18 @ 9:10 AM
Fishoil
User since 6/18/01
I'd suggest looking into the Wolf River in the Fremont area. There are many places to stay and the fishing is great.
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
percision control by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE