Snap Swivels

6/9/15 @ 2:12 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I have been looking around for some Spro 20 pound snap swivels. The local Fleet Farm always used to carry them but now only have heavier ones. These are not good for walleye sized baits. Is Spro even making the smaller stuff? I bought some Berkleys but they are poorly designed and hard to work with. Also has anyone else noticed that snap swivels are now about $1.50 apiece? Seems like a lot considering they probably cost next to nothing in materials, Chinese labor and cheap shipping. Mrt.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
6/12/15 @ 8:54 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I will look into that. I can always tie swivels on the end of my spinner rigs. Then all I would need to do is clip them on. Thanks. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
6/11/15 @ 6:23 PM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
For walleye cranks, I use Bill Norman's speed clips. If you are using cranks you shouldn't need swivels. If its for spinner rigs, I'm sure you can add the speed clips to small bb swivels.

Post Your Comment
6/11/15 @ 2:31 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
I just looked at the site. Evidently the lightest coast lock snap Spro makes is 45 pounds! That is too heavy of a snap to be optimum for walleye baits. Rats. 20 pound was perfect. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
6/11/15 @ 2:17 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Thanks for the info. Different Cold Front though. Mrt

Post Your Comment
6/11/15 @ 12:26 PM
Tim Zwieg
Zwiegs
USER since 1/10/12
Hey Cold Front, is this by chance Cold Front Craig from another website? If it is, this is Grey Wolf from that same site. ANyhow I use Spro Swivles and Danielson Snaps, I get them both from Xtackle.com. I just looked they also have the snap swivels you are looking for.

Post Your Comment