SEARCH
MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Resort

10/17/18 @ 11:23 AM
INITIAL POST
Hunt_Fish_Camp
User since 3/7/13

Me and my family have been going to Eagle River for 20+ years to North Twin Lodge.  We recently found out it has sold and the new owners are turning it from a rustic family place to a high end place with a pavilion, campground, etc, along with a big price hike.  It no longer will be what it was, and with that, we are forced to look at other places. 

Just seeing if anyone can offer some insight to some resorts that are very family friendly ( as we have 5 total kids under 7).  We have 10 total in our family so we would either need a single cabin (3 bedroom?) or 2 cabins that we can rent.  Beach is very important along with fishing.

I know if will not be easy to get a cabin, but we are going to try

Thanks for any recommendations   

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts
11/27/18 @ 11:49 AM
Hunt_Fish_Camp
User since 3/7/13

mostly walleye and pike....but we are up for anything really.

we have our sights set on a house in Sugar Camp on Dam Lake.  Not exactly they lake I want to be on, but it worth a shot I guess

11/10/18 @ 8:02 AM
Timmothy A
User since 5/17/09

What species of fish are you looking to catch?

11/6/18 @ 1:18 PM
Fonzie
User since 1/4/09

vegas492, check your messages.

11/1/18 @ 1:07 PM
vegas492
vegas492
User since 5/21/03

Bents Camp Cisco Chain

If you like the rustic look and feel, check out Bents Camp on the beautiful Cisco Chain.

Here's why you may like it.  Unreal cabins.  Pretty log homes situated close to the water.

Swimming Beach.  Bait Shop.  Bar.  Restaurant.  Boat launch. All on the grounds.  To be fair, the swimming beach isn't huge, but it is sand and it is located close to the cottages.

Cisco Chain is beautiful water with great walleye, musky, bass and crappie fishing.  I fish both the Chain and North Twin.  I enjoy the chain more.  Easier to get out of the wind.  Walleyes run larger, too.

If that one doesn't trip your trigger, check out this one.  I've stayed here, too.  Jays Resort Cisco Chain

It isn't as fancy as Bents, or have as many amenities, but it is family friendly, probably a little less money and still beautiful.  Beach.  Docks.  Boat launch is literally the lot next door.  Cabins are cute.  No restaurant or bait shop on the grounds, though.  And it is on Thousand Island Lake.  Great fishing, but you would need a Michigan license to fish it.

Good luck!

10/30/18 @ 11:28 AM
Old Bill
User since 10/30/18

Clearwater resort on Lower Eau Claire Lake above Hayward . They have a duplex and a large 3 bedroom cabin. Great beach and fishing on a clear water lake. The cabin rates are based on two people but tey might have discounted rates for kids??  Nice bar also. 

10/17/18 @ 10:06 PM
bassball
User since 7/25/07

I stay at the gypsy villa on cranberry lake on the eagle chain. They have some larger cabins on the island with a nice sand beach. There is also a public beach on thy he other side of the island.  They have very clean cabins and are on the web. Hope this helps.  Good luck.

10/17/18 @ 3:46 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
User since 9/27/01

There's a great family fishing resort just west of Fifield on 70 called Boyd's Mason Lake Resort.  Google them and see if that's what you're looking for.  They have a playground and beach area and have cabins that would fit your group.  It's been years since I've been there but the fishing was always phenomenal due to them managing most of the lakes on their property privately.  They manage different lakes for different species - musky, bass, walleye, crappie and trout.  On the flip side, they're very protective of the lakes so you cannot bring your own boat.  They are diligent when it comes to keeping invasive species out of their waterways.  They also only offer American Plan which is great (food is awesome) from a convenience standpoint but obviously increases the price.  Just depends on what you are looking for.  I very much enjoyed my time fishing there.  Only reason I don't go anymore is because we have our own place on a lake now.

10/17/18 @ 2:49 PM
Hunt_Fish_Camp
User since 3/7/13

Yes we are looking to stay in the State.  Anywhere north of Tomahawk

Thanks

10/17/18 @ 12:45 PM
hockeyguy39
User since 8/24/07

Are you looking to stay in the area/state? We just got back from Leech Lake MN and the resort we stay at is fantastic, along with awesome fishing. 

You might consider looking at VRBO.com too. Might not find a resort, but likely a nice place to stay. 

Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 posts

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
fishing geared up by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE