Recommendation for small resort/lake in Central WI

9/30/15 @ 3:25 PM
ORIGINAL POST
phishphan
phishphan
USER since 5/8/06
Hi All, Looking for a recommendation for a small lake resort in Central WI. I want to take my son for a weekend fishing trip in Oct. Our usual spot up near Wausau went to a 4 night minimum. Usually just put my trolling motor on the resort's row boat and fish for smallies. Any recommendations are greatly appreciated. Phishphan
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
11/7/15 @ 9:24 AM
lunker75
lunker75
USER since 12/13/13
My best friend had a cottage on lawrence lake and we caught all kinds of bass and northern and crappie great lake

Post Your Comment
10/29/15 @ 12:30 AM
phishphan
phishphan
USER since 5/8/06
Thanks all for the helpful advise.

Fished the flowage (Long and Wilson) at Phillips and had reasonable luck with some decent sized bass and crappie. We are not talking trophy fishing, but very good time with the kids.

Post Your Comment
10/2/15 @ 2:10 PM
gusgus
gusgus
USER since 6/24/09
Most of the better lakes are farther north but try the Price County Tourism site for a lot of nice resorts near Phillips, Wi. I have stayed at Evergreen Point resort and it is nice. You can fish both Long lake & Wilson flowage without using a motor if you row a little bit. Hope that helps.

Post Your Comment
10/1/15 @ 1:26 PM
Mr.Bass1984
Mr.Bass1984
USER since 6/12/10
You could try Tall Pines Resort on Lawrence Lake just outside of Westfield. Jim and Diane are the owners. Really nice people. I've never stayed there, but I go to the bar all the time. The lake is 220 acres and a 10mph max speed. Good largemouth, crappie, northern, and some big walleyes.

Post Your Comment
9/30/15 @ 4:29 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
that stinks... maybe you could zero in more on how far or where you'd be interested in traveling, and the sort of accommodations and amenities you are looking for

this is a kind of bare bones place if you rent a motel room , but has some pretty good fishing... if you are looking for a smaller body of water... this may not be what you're looking for, but there is some decent fishing not far from the channel that this place is situated on

http://www.poppsresort.com/

Post Your Comment