Perch situation on Lake Michigan

8/26/12 @ 4:02 PM
ORIGINAL POST
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
I will actually start this thread because it takes one guy to whine about it on the reports... Well? Where are they, whats the problem, whats being done to help??? Its been 0ver 10 years that Ive seen any decent action on perch. Last year at the boils I had some luck. Ive basically heard nothing this year from anyone anywhere. Milwaukee down to Racine at least. What do you guys think.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 3,617 Posts
TODAY @ 11:07 AM
machoprogrammer
machoprogrammer
USER since 1/19/07

I am going to guess that Tom doesn't quite have the resources to obtain perch eggs, hatchery raise them to big enough without them dying, and then transport and release them.

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 10:16 AM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10

Tom, I'm going to assume you know nothing about genetics and genetic diversity and the impact thereof on the health of the population...

Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 9:30 AM
Musky_36
Musky_36
USER since 4/27/02

Tom,

You might want to get a permit for your stocking effort. Which I believe will not happen. You are admitting you are going to perform a illegal activity on a internet forum. Not a smart move at all.

Edited on 9/22/17 9:32 AM
Post Your Comment
TODAY @ 5:58 AM
walranger5
walranger5
USER since 10/1/12

Since sturgeon are an endangered species I think more effort should be put forth in stocking them they eat zebra/quagga mussels Bruce Manny USGS. The Muskegon Chronicle yesterday said they planted 200 sturgeon in the Tittabwassee and they look forward to 2040 to see what they got. Retirement plan?

Arm you can test all the Perch and sturgeon test whatever you want. Me I'm gonna catch any Perch out of Lake Michigan I'm gonna assume since it came out of Lake Michigan that it must be from Lake Michigan so I'm gonna spawn and stock said Perch and any other Perch from Lake Michigan until we don't need to stock Perch! Just like the USGS said so!  LOL! Test all you want LOL!

Post Your Comment
9/21/17 @ 11:37 PM
Musky_36
Musky_36
USER since 4/27/02

Tom,

My recommendation to you is don't tell the "fellas" anything. What you need to do is invite them over maybe grab a twelve pack or two.

Fire up the computer and read the posts on this thread for the last four years.

And then have a intervention on your perch "plan".

Post Your Comment
9/21/17 @ 6:16 PM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Tom seems to enjoy the banter involved with being proven wrong time after time.

Either Tom has a disorder of some type, or he's using his alter ego (kind of like Higgs on the campfire thread) to post. 

I seriously can't believe anyone could be so oblivious to the facts (and common sense) it has to be one of the two - no one could be this way in real life.  

Edited on 9/21/17 6:16 PM
Post Your Comment
9/21/17 @ 9:22 AM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10

Tom, you are aware that one of the tribes, in conjunction with the Kalamazoo chapter of Sturgeon for Tomorrow and the MDNR, are stocking the Kalamazoo river near the mouth, aren't you? That the restoration plan is for more than just the river next to you? The Sturgeon Restoration Plan is readily available for all to read on the MDNR site and directly contradicts your claims of a populatiopn goal of 500. The goal is to reach a MINIMUM of 750 sexually mature sturgeon for the program. At that time natural reproduction can enable to population to grow at a healthy pace. The focus is not on a fishery (as you initially claimed) but on preventing extirpation of these fish from the lake. You've been proven wrong yet again.

Post Your Comment
9/21/17 @ 7:20 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Ey der Plmlk, Tom might be from Canada eh? Maybe his 1st language is French eh? A gifted writer for sure though eh!

Edited on 9/21/17 7:21 AM
Post Your Comment
9/21/17 @ 5:45 AM
Plmlk
Plmlk
MEMBER since 12/18/07

Tom, you should brush up on the difference between there, their, and they're - other than that your a gifted writer.  

Post Your Comment
9/21/17 @ 5:41 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Thanks again this morning Tom, you posted         Perch will eat anything and spawn with a female anyplace anytime............ Sounds like most of us here on LL, I guess we all have something in common with the Mighty Perch 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 3,617 Posts