MORE
General Fishing Discussion

Off shore planner board

6/16/18 @ 7:07 AM
INITIAL POST
Basspro05
Basspro05
User since 12/8/08

When using the off shore planner boards while trolling for walleye .I have been having problems with the line slipping through the clips. I modified/ upgraded all the clips and it’s happening still. When I get a fish on or run into weeds the line slips and  the flag does not go down. I just got the new modification for the flag too that just came out... didn’t change anything. Using 10 lb xt trilene. Any suggestions????

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts
6/20/18 @ 7:29 AM
Mark 1:17
User since 8/27/02

First off let's find out what you are actually using for clips.The board comes standard with an orange clip(OR-19) on front, with a red clip on back(OR-16). This set-up is fine for the majority of anglers. If you have slip age with this standard set-up check to make sure your springs inside the clips(yes they are movable) are all the way forward. Next, make sure that your pads are undamaged, if not replace them. If you so desire you may move up to the (OR-18) black snapper release. This is a very versatile release and can be adjusted by tightening the bottom screw or loosening it. This release will last for many years if properly used and maintained. When you start to have issues opening the clamp because you have it so snug its probably time to replace the pad. There is only one pad to replace on the OR18 Part No. (ORRP8SN) If you use fireline on any of these products it will quickly wear them. I would suggest double wrapping using anything other than mono. Fish USA, Offshore Tackle.com are places I would recommend to find parts. Any further questions PM me and I will discuss options with you.

6/19/18 @ 8:06 PM
beachcomber II
User since 12/7/13

i run 10 lb. and change my pads on clips every 2 yrs. never have problem. but i have always wrapped front clip on lake mich. pulling bigger baits.

6/17/18 @ 9:51 PM
diver hunter 1987
User since 9/29/09

I use 12lb big game with the black cam clip upfront or16 in the back.  Don’t have many issues with slipping.  I did when I used 10lb and didn’t change line every year. But as stated wrap the front clip once and it won’t slip at all. 

6/17/18 @ 6:12 PM
Tandias
Tandias
User since 3/1/03

I second what Joeblue said.  I double wrap both clips all the time.   Orange clips are a little stronger than the red ones, and the springs in the clip can be pushed out toward pads for more strength as well.

6/17/18 @ 7:47 AM
Regjoe
User since 2/7/06

I use 12 pound mono and have not had any slippage problems.  Is it possilbe the pads on the inside of your clips were worn out?  Mine are getting close to needing replacement.

6/17/18 @ 7:27 AM
joeblue83
User since 5/15/13

I had the same problem. You double wrap it around both front and rear  clips. Works great with my sufix 832 braid.

Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 posts

HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar
APEX Series Sonar
Welcome to the top. The APEX™ Series provides the clearest sonar imaging on the sharpest display the water has ever seen on any GPS chartplotter. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: HUMMINBIRD - APEX Series Sonar Advertisement

MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors
Quest Series Trolling Motors
Meet the all-new motors made with grit and guts – not glitz and glamour. The QUEST™ Series takes the best trolling motors ever made to the next level with a rugged build for rough waters. PRODUCT SPOTLIGHT: MINN KOTA - Quest Series Trolling Motors Advertisement

Copyright © 2001-2024 Lake-Link Inc. All rights reserved.
No portion of this website can be used or distributed without prior written consent of Lake-Link, Inc.
This website may contain affiliate links, meaning when you click the links and make a purchase, we may receive a small commission.
Lake-Link Home
boat towed by
MENU
MORE TO EXPLORE