need info on mounting new 9 inch transducer !!!

2/12/16 @ 8:59 PM
ORIGINAL POST
such-a-deal
such-a-deal
USER since 6/9/13
I just got the garmin sv 73 unit . It has a LONG transducer almost 8.5". They say to mount it as close to the center of the boat but with my 4 bunk trailor it won't be much farther than my standard transducer. Just wondered if anyone has had experience in these new transducers and would be willing to share some information.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
2/14/16 @ 8:30 PM
such-a-deal
such-a-deal
USER since 6/9/13
Want to thank you guys for all the info and the humor!!! The this is not a step is a good one. After reading the booklet on this locator I think this old geezer is going back to a rock with a string tied to it. Smile Smile

Post Your Comment
2/13/16 @ 11:40 PM
wet-net
wet-net
USER since 1/8/03
This clip help me when I mounted mine. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XmR500kNNz8

Post Your Comment
2/13/16 @ 1:14 AM
2nd shift
2nd shift
USER since 8/7/15
Lowrance recommends mounting theirs as low as possible so the side scan doesn't pick up any of your other transducers. Just be sure when you turn your motor all the way to the side that it doesn't come in contact with it.

Post Your Comment
2/12/16 @ 9:55 PM
Scott F
Scott F
USER since 6/12/10
I just bought a new one of those today myself. Mine came with instructions for mounting the transducer and I'm following those directions. I don't understand what you mean by "it won't be much farther than my standard transducer" I'm putting my transducer right where my old one was mounted, it will just stick out more than the old one did. Should have no problems.

Post Your Comment
2/12/16 @ 9:25 PM
2nd shift
2nd shift
USER since 8/7/15
Put a sign above it that reads : NOT A STEP

Post Your Comment