mobile navionics for cell phone

1/10/15 @ 8:37 AM
ORIGINAL POST
davef
davef
USER since 3/8/04
I would like to put navionics on my Samsung S-4 cell phone. Any experiences With the app, how to down load and costs associated are what I am needing. I am not very technology experienced.... so please help me out. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts
1/26/15 @ 10:44 AM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Slightly off topic, but if you go on their site now they have beta testing for Garmin GPS's. You just need to send them an email and they will mail you an SD card with the maps to use for testing. Then you just have to tell them your experience with it. The disclaimer says its an older map version and the card I received says 'US Lakes North'. My old Navionics app for my phone used US Lakes North, I think its just the one prior to the new 'boating' maps.

Post Your Comment
1/26/15 @ 8:25 AM
Watchinbobbers
Watchinbobbers
USER since 6/30/10
Got the app recently and I like it.

However, I can't figure out how to get it to navigate to a saved marker. I can see the markers on the map and walk/drive to roughly the right spot but what I really want to do is get it to show me a heading to take and count down the distance to the marker like you would with a hand held gps going to a waypoint.

Does it have this capability and does anyone know how to do this.

Also according to the instructions in the app any map areas saved/downloaded to a phone are permanent? As I understand it you can't remove parts of the downloaded info to free up storage space without unloading the entire app? Is that correct.

Post Your Comment
1/17/15 @ 7:42 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
good to hear H2, it's a very good purchase imo

this is cool

http://www.navionics.com/en/news/fishfinder-now-boating-app

Post Your Comment
1/15/15 @ 8:23 AM
H_2_gO
H_2_gO
USER since 8/22/05
That got it done nihsif....Thanks!

Post Your Comment
1/14/15 @ 1:37 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Do you have the APP installed?

If not, go to Google Play to install.

I believe map installer is for your pc

edit: should be chart installer

Edited on 1/14/15 3:23 PM
Post Your Comment
1/14/15 @ 12:58 PM
H_2_gO
H_2_gO
USER since 8/22/05
I have a Galaxy S4 and also want to download Navionics lake maps. Every time I click on Downloads/updates, it keeps telling me it cant be installed on an Android mobile platform at the moment (see screenshot pic).

The Navionics compatibility PDF says the Galaxy S4 is compatible and my friend who has the phone/provider is capable of downloading.

WTF? Anybody else have this issue?

Post Your Comment
1/14/15 @ 10:59 AM
markrazzy
markrazzy
USER since 6/23/09
Just like the Navionics chips, some of those maps are just DNR maps from the '60s, so the accuracy might be lacking a bit. But it's generally pretty close. The HD maps are pretty sweet for the lakes that have them.

Post Your Comment
1/14/15 @ 1:43 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
My guess would be because you bought the "Android" version for your cell phone and its not designed to be run on an Ipad, you would need the "Apple" version for that.

Bought the app for my Galaxy S5 before a recent trip to Devils Lake, ND...... worked great, absolutely no complaints.

Post Your Comment
1/14/15 @ 12:02 AM
hot fish grease
hot fish grease
USER since 12/14/09
I bought the app and the lakes upgrade on my S4 and everytime I try to sync it to my iPad it says account not validated try again.Any ideas as to why? Thanks in advance.

Post Your Comment
1/13/15 @ 9:48 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
Yes, not all maps are HD, with 1ft contours... and you have to enlarge the map to a certain level before you get the 1ft contours... otherwise they are the basic 5ft

Like I said, because I had the app before those enhancements, Navionics may have just had them included for free when I ran updates..?

Forgot to mention, when you download maps, it's a region, not a single lake.

Edited on 1/13/15 9:52 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 23 Posts