Mississippi river

11/7/15 @ 9:35 PM
ORIGINAL POST
920tdw
920tdw
MEMBER since 12/22/09
??? If I have a WI. fishing Lisc. can i launch off the MN. side and fish using a WI. fishing Lisc. I asked this ? to the Lacrosse DNR They could not give me a yes or no answer, We motor over to Lorance lake area from Stoddard, just takes to long. We would rather Launch at Lorance lake marine.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 10 Posts
12/31/15 @ 8:17 AM
skarbo1
skarbo1
USER since 2/3/05
"I would buy a Minnesota fishing license myself"

That would be just a total waste of your money Ed.... WI and IA & MN have had a reciprocity agreement for fishing the Mississippi for many,many years and no warden would bother you for just using a MN ramp... There are very few differences in MN and WI laws that you have to think about..number of lines(Mn, 2 - WI, 3) the use of legal gamefish as bait(WI,yes - MN,no) and,until recently,the use of treble hooks for live bait rigs(used to be a no-no in MN but they changed that law 2 years back). As far as limits and size numbers go they are pretty much the same with few exceptions,catfish and Sturgeon being 2. There really is no reason to worry about where you launch at all and I am very surprised that the DNR did not answer 920dtw's simple question...

As to getting to Lawrence Lake from the WI side....use the 7th Street landing in La Crosse....from there it is a short trip to Lawrence....... Smile

Post Your Comment
12/30/15 @ 5:30 PM
Ed Franko
Big Ed's Guide Service
USER since 5/6/15
Just wondering if you are in possession of fish and take out in Minnesota Then would you not be il possession of fish in a state you do not have a license in. How could you prove they were caught in Wisconsin. I think it depends on which side of the bed the warden got out of. I would buy a Minnesota fishing license myself.

Big Ed’s Guide Service
(573) 692-6710
Post Your Comment
11/14/15 @ 7:15 AM
skarbo1
skarbo1
USER since 2/3/05
You're right fishingboy....but in the regulations for both states it says you must follow the laws of the state waters you're fishing in. I have been fishing the boundary waters here for 40+ years and know you can get into trouble not doing this.... Smile

Post Your Comment
11/13/15 @ 8:21 AM
JamesD
JamesD
USER since 2/16/04
We figured it wasn't where you launch, but the waters that you fish that determines the rules to follow. The reg book has all the info you need for what border waters you fish.

Post Your Comment
11/12/15 @ 11:14 PM
thefishingboy
thefishingboy
USER since 9/11/04
You follow the Wisconsin-Minnesota boundary water regs posted in both fishing regulation packets while fishing anywhere between the railroad tracks on each side of the river which would include Lawrence lake...

Post Your Comment
11/9/15 @ 8:55 AM
skarbo1
skarbo1
USER since 2/3/05
You can launch where you want.....You just have to follow MN rules when you fish MN waters.

Post Your Comment
11/8/15 @ 3:10 PM
Big-Shane
Big-Shane
USER since 11/8/15
I am a WI resident and I, along with Big Sack4144 and Big Troy often launch and fish on the MN side.

Post Your Comment
11/8/15 @ 3:06 PM
Big-Shane
Big-Shane
USER since 11/8/15
Yes you can.

Post Your Comment
11/7/15 @ 9:39 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15
Yes you can.