Looking for guidence for fishing knowedge

11/25/15 @ 9:47 AM
ORIGINAL POST
rmba
rmba
MEMBER since 7/1/10
I am looking for someone to help me with learning to be a better fisher man. I will not ask for your secret spots, just good pattern fishing for Large, and small mouth bass, walleye fishing. Local bait shops not much help. I fish mainly in Vilas and Oneida counties. You can PM me if its better.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 5 of 5 Posts
12/1/15 @ 8:24 AM
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12
Keep in mind, most of these lakes in Vilas and Oneida are pressured and pressured lakes tend to be harder to fish. A lot of people do go home skunked and those who do catch fish keep very quiet. Ive alwasy found Kurts bait shop in minocqua to be reasonably helpful and they do have a guide service.

Post Your Comment
11/30/15 @ 8:56 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
PM sent.

Post Your Comment
11/29/15 @ 9:29 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
CDs is correct. What I would add is: Take a real good look at the area you fish in Oneida/Vilas areas. (I personally fish Oneida Co. A lot). Start out with small goals. Pick one or two lakes that interest you and pull them up on Lake Maps. Study the maps until you become semi-familiar with their structure. Look at fishing reports and reviews from your chosen lakes. Physically go out and find the lake structures that interest you. Experiment on structures and see what happens! You will be very surprised at what you can find on your own by using general guide lines that are repeated time and time again on this site and others. cds makes a good point of meeting people in the area. Some will give you info, and some will not. Make 2016 a learning experience that I know you will forever remember. When you look at Fishing Reports you will notice water temperatures, depth, and structure. They say weed lines, rocky bottoms, drop offs, ect. It's like shooting pool, the more you play, the better you get. Good luck, and would like to hear back from ya after you give it a shot a few times!!!!

Post Your Comment
11/28/15 @ 10:13 AM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Your profile says you live at the confluence of the Des Plaines and Kankakee rivers....Illinois river... and power plant cooling ponds... If you fish when on vacation but not while at home you're missing out on most of your learnin' opportunities.

If you're thinkin' that Vilas and Oneida county fishing is that different,then you need a fishing partner...and most of the "type" guys you might want,might be FORMER lake-Linkers....You'd need to meet some folks in that area. Maybe retired guys who are not originally from the area.

That,and there's a ton of info on the web and fishing mags.

Post Your Comment