MENU Lake-Link.com MORE

Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 241 Posts
4/7/19 @ 9:29 AM
hoofhearted25
hoofhearted25
USER since 1/4/10

Just finished watching this weeks, 04/07/2019. It was nice how the guide showed how he fillets the fish. couple weeks ago Larry showed how he does the pannies. Instructional as well as catching fish, Great Show.

Post Your Comment
3/31/19 @ 11:32 AM
Larballslobasaurus
Larballslobasaurus
USER since 4/8/17

Just wondering how the Leroy Meats guy fell in the river and if they went to shore for him to change!

That was one of the owners of Leroy Meats. It wasn’t supposed to happen that way. This was supposed to be the big break these men were looking for to promote their business and showcase their wieners on TV. Then he falls out of the boat and into the river.

Oh well...back to the meat grinders tomorrow.

Post Your Comment
3/31/19 @ 10:03 AM
RichManitoba
RichManitoba
USER since 5/22/15

Wow! Larry's show had a feature on the Warrior V-198. 

It looks like a perfect fishing machine. The storage is crazy. I like the shocks on the storage doors and all the stainless components.  BTW, I'm not affiliated with Warrior or the show .  I'd probably have to trade in my Ferrari even up to afford one, though!

Just wondering how the Leroy Meats guy fell in the river and if they went to shore for him to change!

Shane, have you tried Leroy's 70 year old recipe weiners? Just wondering how they would rate on your tube steak scale and how your G.I. tract handles it?

Edited on 3/31/19 10:09 AM
Post Your Comment
3/30/19 @ 5:01 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

That is correct rikj, I’d be number 2... how fitting!

I also loved the fish tacos and plan to make them soon. I’m sure some people hated that segment though. 

Post Your Comment
3/30/19 @ 3:44 PM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Big_Shane, if beer bum goes first you would be # 2 is that correct?

Back to topic, any info on what the Shotgun Chef cooked today? Larry's fish tacos looked amazing last week! 

Post Your Comment
3/30/19 @ 2:46 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

We can talk about crapping of the pants if you’d like. Ok, you go first. 

Post Your Comment
3/30/19 @ 12:42 PM
beer bum
beer bum
USER since 1/9/19

Shane, 

Why do you have such a problem with guys discussing these shows and expressing their likes/dislikes?  Who said it was life?   

Isn’t that the point of these forums - to discuss?  Jeez, maybe the wrong people should get a life.  Or maybe we can go back to talking about sausage and crapping pants.  That’s high-brow discussion....

Edited on 3/30/19 12:43 PM
Post Your Comment
3/27/19 @ 5:33 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

my take is vive la difference... 

my thoughts when watching Smith's show is they have some inventive opening credits that are entertaining,  some nice content segments like cleaning the fish and tacos segment ( one of the Lindner's shows recently added a similar segment showing cleaning and a recipe  )...

Segments highlighting safety,  outdoors groups and organizations,  etc etc simply differentiates this show from the rest... plus the little bloopers at the end can be funny 

So, I'm glad ALL these shows are adding their own personality to their shows,  and not just churning out cookie-cutter "fishing" shows like they have in the past... my 2cents

Edited on 3/27/19 5:35 PM
Post Your Comment
3/27/19 @ 4:39 PM
Big_Shane
Big_Shane
USER since 3/26/15

I’ve said this on the Gillespie thread and I’ll say it here. It’s just a fishing show, it’s not life! Lower your expectations!

Post Your Comment
3/27/19 @ 3:53 PM
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09

I guess I've been looking at the filler time as more entertainment vs watching a guy catch the same looking perch or walleye for 30 minutes.  The fish taco segment was fine, we literally made them the day before so it was good to see another way to do it.  I would assume Larry could fill the time with all fish, I mean realistically that's not all that many fish by the time they catch one and talk about it.  I see it as a more rounded episode that they are trying to make.  I personally would rather watch him than Gillespie now, but that's just me.  More variety and different antics.

Edited on 3/27/19 3:54 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 241 Posts