Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 4:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 181 Posts
1/9/19 @ 8:50 PM
beer bum
beer bum
USER since 1/9/19

I like the fact that he and his guys can make fun of themselves and each other.  Reminds me of the groups of guys I've fished and hunted with.

Post Your Comment
1/9/19 @ 5:11 PM
wtw_fisherman
wtw_fisherman
USER since 8/12/09

Larry is real. He has some good tips most weeks. Part of fishing to me is learning something as well as going fishing, His show is like that. I like it. I like Larry and especially his fantastic camera man. 

Post Your Comment
1/9/19 @ 12:34 PM
benuts
benuts
USER since 1/19/02
When will Larry's new ice trailer be featured on a show?  I think they may have taken it out to Mn where there is actually ice for it. 

Post Your Comment
11/29/18 @ 8:34 PM
ayeFeesh
ayeFeesh
USER since 5/17/11

Thought this one was funny! Special guest is from England.

Post Your Comment
11/25/18 @ 2:35 PM
jawjerker
jawjerker
USER since 1/14/02

Larry has had more hunting shows the last few weeks then the Gillespie has in the last 15 years.

Always good shows

Post Your Comment
11/25/18 @ 1:22 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Duck hunting the Mississippi today, wow, never hunted there, and never saw ducks flying like that anywhere I've hunted, incredible numbers and variety of ducks..... neat!

Post Your Comment
9/5/18 @ 7:54 AM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

wini,

you can fish it like any other walleye lake. jig, slips, live bait rigs all work.

I fished it in October and there's a heck of a walleye run that come up the rivers. Fish it like bago or the bay and you will do good.

Post Your Comment
9/4/18 @ 7:19 AM
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06

I have not fished LOTW, but have fished in Canada many times. The last few years Larry has fished the lake by trolling, including lead line. Not my cup of tea. Is this the way LOTW is commonly fished? What about jigging? Larry raves about the  walleye fishing on LOTW, but they do not do that good to me.

Post Your Comment
8/28/18 @ 11:53 AM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

catman,

I've been using a compass since I was about 10 (I am now 36).

LOTW has over 14,500 islands. (Not a typo) My point was I'd use any and every advantage I had at my disposal, especially at night.

Also, the chances of 3 GPS units failing is pretty slim, but yes, I do carry a compass.

Post Your Comment
8/28/18 @ 6:57 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

liked the crappie/bluegill segment this week in the river... lot of good tips ... more good tips for the Petenwell as well

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 181 Posts