Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 164 Posts
8/12/18 @ 11:32 AM
Surfer
Surfer
USER since 6/21/01

Yep, must see viewing, and the fishing wasn't bad either! He spent a little too much time with the one girl, but that was just fine (turn around I want to see that knife in your pocket).

And like you said, the girls are representing a great cause.

Post Your Comment
8/12/18 @ 10:07 AM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

Larry's ratings quadrupled during today's show.

#RatingsGrabber

Seriously, a cool idea for an important cause.

Post Your Comment
8/10/18 @ 10:17 AM
Theory
Theory
USER since 3/21/05

Saw he was on beaver dam this week. Thinking perch or kitty cats?

Post Your Comment
7/29/18 @ 10:39 AM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

Nice Walleyes on Mille Lacs Lake and the little boy was a riot, ....HOWEVER, I don't recall (I could be wrong) anybody on the show informing the viewers  that Walleyes are CATCH & RELEASE only and absolutely NO night fishing until November. Strict limits on Smallies, too. There's lots of stress catching Walleye in summer and I have no idea what the mortality rate is. I respect Larry, but why target a species that is on the decline?

A MN-DNR statement; The population has undergone a decline over the past two decades that has coincided with significant aquatic system changes including increased water clarity and decreased walleye productivity; the introduction of zebra mussels, Eurasian watermilfoil and spiny water fleas; a changing zooplankton community that may be altering the aquatic food web; and declines in certain forage species, including tullibee.

My wife has relatives on the southeast part of Mille Lacs, so they have a dog in the fight. They admittedly always fished for their limit, which THEY SAID is the norm for regulars. They said the MN-DNR failed to mention over-fishing by hook & line, and spearing, which in my opinion is the biggest reason for decline. 

Not to open a can of worms (or leeches) on MLL,  but the regulations shouldve been expressed on the show. I respect any opinions on this!

Edited on 7/29/18 10:40 AM
Post Your Comment
7/24/18 @ 9:41 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01

Sort of like Emeril Legasse wished there were “smellovision”. I wish I had “punchovision”. I seriously wanted to punch that guy in the face.  Was like the Slovenian or Phillipino guys I work with.  They try to do the WI accent and it comes off pretty annoying.

Post Your Comment
7/24/18 @ 12:33 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

I like the show, they do spend time explaining rigging,  techniques,  etc... but like any fishing/outdoors show, some will be about stuff interesting to you, some not so much ... imo, it's above average... does a lot with youth organizations  , very cool, and like I said, share a lot of good info, ideas, etc

Post Your Comment
7/24/18 @ 11:34 AM
ChubSucker
ChubSucker
USER since 9/3/17

It’s a ok show.  If it’s ever about hunting turkey or white tails in Kansas or Missouri, I skip it instantly. I like local stuff. 

Post Your Comment
7/24/18 @ 9:13 AM
never5
never5
USER since 4/9/04

Every time I watch Larry’s show it reminds me how difficult it is to film a new show every week.This show has a lot of fillers although still do like some of the different things presented. Makes you appreciate Gillespies show more as it’s usually all action and year after year it is a lot of work to get enough content every week to fill the time.

Post Your Comment
7/24/18 @ 8:49 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Remember the old Saturday Night LIve character, Father Guido Sarduchi? Kind of reminds me of that persona. Mrt.

Edited on 7/24/18 9:35 AM
Post Your Comment
7/24/18 @ 8:39 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

I've never watched Larry's show.  Is it that bad that he needs people like that as guests?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 164 Posts