Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 148 Posts
7/15/18 @ 6:05 PM
Fishoil
Fishoil
USER since 6/18/01
I enjoyed the segment on Stannard Rock but Larry needs to learn where he is. It's STANNard, not STANDard. I'm not sure what day they filmed the show, I was out there on Tuesday with my own boat and it was flat calm. I suspect it was Wednesday since I didn't recognize the boat. It's an awesome spot to fish, bucketlist kind of thing.If you ever get the chance take it!

Post Your Comment
7/15/18 @ 1:41 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Mike from Country Meats caught next fish, looked same, they said rainbow 

got a big chuckle when Smith told his daughter that she looked like she needed more beauty sleep, lol

Edited on 7/15/18 1:55 PM
Post Your Comment
7/15/18 @ 10:42 AM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

What species was it that Shotgun's daughter caught 5 minutes into today's show? It had beautiful markings; almost black on the back and white on the bottom.  I know they caught some rainbows, lakers, and steelhead, but I can't tell the difference between all the different trout and salmon in Lake Michigan on TV.

Post Your Comment
7/10/18 @ 10:53 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03
Best fishing show I've seen in years was Larry's show in the UP fishing cricks for brookies.  Amazing stuff.  Reminded me of when I was a kid dunking worms in any creek hoping for a trout.  Great show!

Post Your Comment
6/24/18 @ 6:18 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

Some sort of mixup at FSN, they replayed last week' show, channel 18 had the new show with Chippewa Flowage ( with Ty Sennet ) and Minocqua area lakes with another guide who's name I didn't catch... both good segments imo

The AIM tournament was nice in that fish were measured, photographed, and released immediately... no livewell time... nice change from old style tournaments 

aimfishing.com/rules

Edited on 6/24/18 6:31 PM
Post Your Comment
6/24/18 @ 4:58 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01

Not on my tv. Today was in Minoqua area fishing Muskie and walleye. Good show.

Post Your Comment
6/24/18 @ 11:29 AM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

Today was a rerun of last week's show which was a walleye tourney. WTF?  Full disclosure; I've never been a fan of fishing "tourneys" and having a local show showing tournament fishing (in my opinion) isn't informative as Larry's shows usually are. 

I'm not against changes, BUT (again in MY opinion) something with the show has changed. Did they hire a production company? I have NO problem with the new show beginning and the new show set, but something has drastically and negatively changed, which is why I asked if somebody new was hired. 

I used to like this show more than Gillespie's, but not anymore. 

Thoughts?

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 7:22 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

I usually just turn the volume off and look at the picture. Obviously I’m not a fan, but I’m sure that there are those who are.

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 6:31 PM
fish2xs
fish2xs
USER since 6/19/01

Thanks Carp eye. For those of you that have trouble hearing people on Larry's show it is closed captioned.  

Post Your Comment
5/28/18 @ 2:25 PM
thefishingboy
thefishingboy
USER since 9/11/04

Saw Larry’s rig pull into 43 south in Mukwanago this morning. Maybe doing a show on Delevan or Geneva?!?!

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 148 Posts