Larry Smith Fishing show

4/18/16 @ 5:56 AM
ORIGINAL POST
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
I've watched this show a couple times now, and think it's a pretty good show. He seems down to earth. What do you guys think?
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 175 Posts
9/5/18 @ 8:54 AM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

wini,

you can fish it like any other walleye lake. jig, slips, live bait rigs all work.

I fished it in October and there's a heck of a walleye run that come up the rivers. Fish it like bago or the bay and you will do good.

Post Your Comment
9/4/18 @ 8:19 AM
wini
wini
USER since 3/27/06

I have not fished LOTW, but have fished in Canada many times. The last few years Larry has fished the lake by trolling, including lead line. Not my cup of tea. Is this the way LOTW is commonly fished? What about jigging? Larry raves about the  walleye fishing on LOTW, but they do not do that good to me.

Post Your Comment
8/28/18 @ 12:53 PM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

catman,

I've been using a compass since I was about 10 (I am now 36).

LOTW has over 14,500 islands. (Not a typo) My point was I'd use any and every advantage I had at my disposal, especially at night.

Also, the chances of 3 GPS units failing is pretty slim, but yes, I do carry a compass.

Post Your Comment
8/28/18 @ 10:57 AM
catmandooo
catmandooo
USER since 7/18/18

Its nice to have fancy electronics,but when they go out? Better have a good compass and know how to use it. Get it pointing north and remember the word we.If north W left E right ,hence the we.Also hold it level and away from your body.Metal objects on your body or close by will throw off due north.Just saying I wouldn't have my life depend on GPS electronics.Your buddy may have done it the hard way but at least he would have a back up if electronics failed!

Post Your Comment
8/28/18 @ 7:57 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

liked the crappie/bluegill segment this week in the river... lot of good tips ... more good tips for the Petenwell as well

Post Your Comment
8/26/18 @ 10:03 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

Thanks Jared. I love technology, my car is loaded with it. If I had a boat, I'd probably have 2 or 3 screens, underwater video, iPilot, et al! 

Edited on 8/26/18 10:06 PM
Post Your Comment
8/26/18 @ 12:09 PM
Jared
Jared
USER since 7/22/01

Iceman

I have a H10 and two 7's.

The one 10 on the console is for SI/DI, and the 7 is for mapping/chirp. Wish I would have got two 10's.

Once you go to a big screen, you'll never go back. Other 7 is on the bow all networked to the Terrova. 

IMO, they are a game changer. My buddy was up in LOTW trying to navigate with paper maps. Glad he made it home alive.

Edited on 8/28/18 8:55 AM
Post Your Comment
8/26/18 @ 11:37 AM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07
  • I see Larry is running with 2 Helix-10 Humminbirds. Not being a boat owner, I'm wondering why 2?  For over $1000 each,  I would think one would do everything!
  • I absolutely LOVE the Sundrop bottle vending machine in the background of his studio.  I was a rep in the soft drink business for MANY years and that vendor brings back memories. Many of my customers had beer "shorties" in 1 or 2 selections back in the day!

Post Your Comment
8/22/18 @ 4:15 PM
goons den
goons den
USER since 12/30/04

Amen.  

Post Your Comment
8/19/18 @ 8:08 PM
percheye1
percheye1
USER since 6/24/01

Excellent show giving back to the vets. Very well done.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 175 Posts