Lake St. Clair Trip

5/19/14 @ 5:38 PM
ORIGINAL POST
sirbassalot
sirbassalot
USER since 1/25/10
I'm taking my brother and a couple of friends up to the Detroit area to fish Lake St. Clair. I was up there in 2008 and had a great time. My brother has terminal pancreatic cancer and this trip is one of his bucket list items. On my past trip I owned a bass boat; however, due to the economy, I sold my boat. I wanted to know if anyone could recommend where we could rent one, maybe two fishing boats. We will be up for a week starting 6/7/14. Thanks in advance for any help.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 2 of 2 Posts
5/19/14 @ 11:19 PM
PJL2112
PJL2112
USER since 4/8/10
Funny you should ask - I just got back from a trip to Lake St. Clair where I rented a boat. 2nd year in a row doing so. I travel from Illinois.

We rented a boat out of a different place this year versus last, and had a good experience with both of them. There is Angler's Point Marina in Anchor Bay, and also Sportsman's Direct near the mouth of the Clinton River. Both provided great service and working boats. You can Google either name and find their website - I think Angler's Point has pictures of their boats on their Facebook page

Sportsman's boats have a depth finder/GPS built in which was convenient. I have a portable fish finder, but it's a pain to use sometimes when the suction cup won't hold.

We caught fish each year and didn't have to stray very far from either dock.

Here is my fishing report from my recent trip.

http://www.lakestclair.net/index.php?/topic/289450-fishing-report-may-10th-and-11th/

Post Your Comment