Keeping a daily limit (or more)

1/15/16 @ 12:21 PM
ORIGINAL POST
lakeshiner
lakeshiner
USER since 7/20/09
Keeping a limit can be fine but I agree I don't do it every single time out. I go by the possession limit, I don't eat more than that anyway and if I would run out then I go fishing again. Have to be reasonable, but the possession limit is really hard to enforce. That is the main reason we end up with more restrictive daily limits, its to slow down the possession limit violators. People are less likely to violate the daily limit because they could get caught that day on the water.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 107 Posts
2/3/16 @ 4:02 PM
prop-buster
prop-buster
USER since 6/14/05
well he obviously has these voices in his head that just won't stop....

he knows these guys are out there every day, but hasn't checked their bucket, so doesn't know if they are illegal, but is sure they are...

then there is the guy that "cringes" at the thought of giving some fish to the elderly "as an excuse" to catch and keep fish....

I just keep reading, been in enough arguments over the years, someone else has to take over....

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 8:43 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
does anyone else think threads like this are started by anti hunting/fishing groups?

Post Your Comment
2/3/16 @ 5:18 AM
Treeshark
Treeshark
USER since 4/5/09
I also give some fish away to elderly friends who can't fish anymore.

You hear this one quite a bit from guys trying to justify the fish or game they take. I cringe every time I hear it.

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 6:06 PM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12
Wally's working the system he was dealt. 2 or 3 times is OK, but just don't try and go for 4!!

Post Your Comment
2/2/16 @ 9:42 AM
docy
docy
USER since 6/14/03
Walranger5:"...we take 2 to 3 limits, that's with 2 to 3 trips..." You and your granddaughter take your limit every outing but wish others shouldn't.

Walranger5:"But I know many guys are going there every day,..." How would you know that unless you were there every day? Or is your statement just based on here say and innuendo?

Walranger5:"Why not a limit for one so a guy has too take a kid if he wants more,..." What???

Post Your Comment
2/1/16 @ 11:37 AM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10
To refuse to take action on an actionable offense, provided you have actual hard evidence, simply because you do not like the DNR is highly irresponsible and, quite honestly, extremely petty.

Post Your Comment
2/1/16 @ 8:28 AM
docy
docy
USER since 6/14/03
Walranger5: "Sorry I hear things, I see things,..." Of coarse you do.

Post Your Comment
2/1/16 @ 12:07 AM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01
if you report the guy to the DNR, they will watch him over several trips

Post Your Comment
1/31/16 @ 9:33 PM
crawdaddy
crawdaddy
USER since 7/11/01
The possession is nearly impossible to enforce with Iowa having no possession on panfish. Get a license from Iowa and you can just claim they are Iowa fish. Same with Ohio walleyes from Erie. Same with channel cats... unless they can dna test or something, I don't see how they can enforce. A guy I know abuses my favorite bluegill lake every spring. Keeps limit 20 to 30 times from ice out to mid May every year. He also has Iowa license every year for ice fishing Okoboji. No way to stop him.

Post Your Comment
1/31/16 @ 12:59 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
hen I heard rumors of illegal sales of fish in Vernon county WI it was drunks and meth-heads selling walleye,sauger and perch...I figured that if those type rumors got to me,they've already been relayed to local wardens but I mentioned them to a warden anyway.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 107 Posts