Edited on 12/28/11 10:23 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,654 Posts
9/14/18 @ 7:53 PM
Edge
Edge
USER since 2/28/07

Iceman,

God you don't know if that guy had a bad experience to post what he said. To say you know for sure he never met him is speculation at best.

I for fact would never go with one of the Guides on the show. He was very rude but he may of had a bad day. First impressions are the tell tale for everybody. I have people I dislike as well as I'm sure some people dislike me.  So what? if you think everybody is going to like you, you'll be very disappointed 

Post Your Comment
9/14/18 @ 9:56 AM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

I hope Rob M continues to post here. It's impressive that he chimes in and explains things we know nothing about. 

Watching the show for many years (and never meeting ONE guest except for Dale Stroschein), there isn't a guest that I wouldn't fish with and afterward sit back, talk, and slam a few beers.  As fun as they look on camera, I bet they're more fun when the cameras are off. 

To have one guy (who I'm sure never met him) call Rob arrogant is plain and simple cowardice and just hiding behind a keyboard. 

That's my 2 cents. 

Freddie, I'll PM my address to you so you can FedEx th filets to me! 

Edited on 9/14/18 9:58 AM
Post Your Comment
9/13/18 @ 8:47 AM
FreddieBoy
FreddieBoy
USER since 5/24/05

Calling Rob arrogant is a joke.

ive fished with Rob the last four yrs . Not a better guide in the north woods ! Great guy , thought me so much about all fishing techniques. Whenever I have a question about any techniques he always gives me solid advice. 

Post Your Comment
9/13/18 @ 8:32 AM
vegas492
vegas492
USER since 5/21/03

Not that he wants or needs defending, but....

I've been fortunate enough to fish with Rob on a few occasions.  There are many words I'd use to describe him.  Introverted.  Perfectionist.  Knowledgeable.  Fun.  One.  Helluva.  Fisherman.

Arrogant is not one of them.

Rob is about as down to earth guy you will ever meet.  And...he will teach you just about anything you want to know about a lake, all you have to do is ask.  

As far as where they are at?  I don't know why John will talk freely about his southeastern lakes, but not northern Wisconsin.  Guessing it is because of the pressure that the name can attract.  Some of those lakes up north aren't very big and couldn't support the pressure that a lake like Delavan or a system like Winnebago can.

And...it's no mystery to some of us who know those lakes up north as to where they are fishing.  Background gives it away.  

One of my favorite shows of all time was when Rob took John on a backwaters fishing trip and they pulled some huge bass out of puddles while using smaller 14 foot aluminum boats.  Now those were some hidden gems.

Post Your Comment
9/12/18 @ 3:11 PM
Mr.Seaguar
Mr.Seaguar
MEMBER since 2/5/05

I hope Blake continues the show after John retired. I love sitting down whenever I have a chance to watch a show that is basically doable the next day. So many shows are months in production but not Johnny. 

Post Your Comment
9/12/18 @ 9:02 AM
RandyPrice
RandyPrice
USER since 9/25/17

I just recently started watching John's show and I really enjoy it.  I like it most when he's fishing N. Wis. waters with Rob or Pete.  I think Blake is good for the show because it promotes more young ladies fishing.  No she's not a pro but I like that.  Everyone has to learn sometime.

Post Your Comment
9/8/18 @ 9:28 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Since we’re commenting on Blake on a weekly basis now, I wanna say she looked her most natural today.  Jigged all day, had little action and pretty much nailed it when she hooked one. 

Post Your Comment
9/8/18 @ 10:48 AM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04

I was laughing when they talked about all the stuff floating in the water. John even commented on one of the fish they caught being a good eater size. After Milwaukee making two raw sewage dumps into the lake in the last week or so, I wouldn’t even want to put my boat in there, much less even talk about eating a fish from there.

Post Your Comment
9/8/18 @ 10:00 AM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

Lake Michigan salmon today, not a big fan of salmon but the show was good. JG at his finest and Blake wearing appropriate clothing

The Johnsonvilles were a new product with pepperjack cheese in them. They looked good enough to eat Big_Shane style(raw)..........

Post Your Comment
9/7/18 @ 11:41 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Jeeeez Jared, a guy that is on the show frequently and  tries to give some insight, not only on fishing but on the show itself and you are saying he is arrogant???? Go ahead and piss him off and we won't hear from him again. What's your deal?? Mrt.

Edited on 9/7/18 11:43 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,654 Posts