john has a great show...

Edited on 12/28/11 9:23 AM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,758 Posts
12/16/18 @ 9:07 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Very true. He has made some guides pretty famous over the years. Mrt.

Edited on 12/17/18 5:00 AM
Post Your Comment
12/14/18 @ 2:24 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

... got some very good free advertising tho !

Post Your Comment
12/14/18 @ 2:02 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Felt bad for the young guide that had to hand land all those big lakers. It is not fun reaching into a thrashing fish's mouth that also has some trebles hanging in it. I bet he was glad that the jig and plastic was working. It is a lot easier to avoid getting pinned with a single hook. Get the net , John. No really, stop making your guides do something that you would never do yourself! Mrt.

Post Your Comment
12/14/18 @ 1:59 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01

Felt bad for the young guide that had to hand land all those big lakers. It is not fun reaching into a thrashing fish's mouth that also has some trebles hanging in it. I bet he was glad that the jig and plastic was working. It is a lot easier to avoid getting pinned with a single hook. Get the net , John. No really, stop making your guides do something that you would never do yourself! Mrt.

Post Your Comment
12/13/18 @ 10:20 PM
IceManKimi
IceManKimi
USER since 7/20/07

I agree bsh. It's mostly WI, MN, ONT, and da U.P., it's current, it's local guides, lodge owners, guests, and gear.

Except for all the video equipment on those boats, that show could be any of us!

Post Your Comment
12/13/18 @ 8:32 AM
badgerstatehunter
badgerstatehunter
USER since 2/6/06

A lot of people rant about John but it seems we're all watching the show so he must be doing something right.  I for one like it.  I like his enthusiasm and I like that it's typically local areas and it's done weekly.  I'd fish with John anyday.  

Post Your Comment
12/13/18 @ 4:45 AM
Rob Manthei
Rob Manthei
USER since 5/26/10

Nielsen ratings do come into play with John's Show....he is second only to Linder's Angling Edge I believe.

Yes, Plano acquired Frabill several years ago already....and slowing phasing Frabill products out.

Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 4:28 PM
nihsif
nihsif
MEMBER since 6/15/01

didn't know Plano bought Frabil... always liked Plano's products, lots of innovative and practical designs.... Thanks for the info 

Gillespie has been amazing at branding his show,  in competition with fishing icons, he's elevated his show to compete with the Lindners, Bucher, etc...  and the sponsors love him... so do kids

Edited on 12/13/18 7:14 AM
Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 2:57 PM
KenK
KenK
USER since 6/19/01

In the case of fishing shows, the producer has to buy the time slot from the channel and hopefully offset that price with their sponsors money.  Nielsen ratings don't come in to play as in network television.

Post Your Comment
12/12/18 @ 2:40 PM
Tuffy2
Tuffy2
MEMBER since 7/7/04
Doesn’t a television channel compensate a producer of a fishing show for the right to air his production? At the same time, doesn’t a product manufacture compensate that same producer to advertise their products on his show, or does that compensation go to the television station?

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 5,758 Posts