Hummingbird & Minn Kota problem

5/4/15 @ 8:15 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jld
jld
USER since 1/21/04
Hi guys. I'm having some problems right out of the gate this year that I was hoping some of you may be able to lend some helpful advise. I have a 4 year old HB 898SI. I bought the new 6.0 WI Lakemaster chip but the unit will not recognize it or load the maps. When I put my old chip in, it loads right away. Neither the HB or Lakemaster website has any suggestions. Secondly, new new Terrova seems to lose its heading when in autopilot. It will work for a while then starts getting off course and ends up heading in a completely different direction. Any suggestions for either of these? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks. JD
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 8 of 8 Posts
5/28/15 @ 6:56 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
could be a bad battery that is hows reacted when we had a battery go bad

Post Your Comment
5/27/15 @ 5:32 PM
Brody McWilliams
BMac_Fishing
USER since 5/7/15
They get you straightened out?

Fish Indy Guide and Electronics Service
(317) 750-1580
Post Your Comment
5/6/15 @ 6:53 AM
jld
jld
USER since 1/21/04
I found out that lakemaster has a problem with bad chips. I took the chip back to the store and they tested it in their machine...no good. They said it was their 4th one this month. Still waiting to here back from min Kota. Think I'll start with the un twisting of the wires in the head. Thank guys. JD

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 7:58 AM
Dizzy9257
Dizzy9257
USER since 1/27/04
Have you checked the card section of setup on your HB? Make sure it is set to Auto or at least recognises the card is an option. I have seen some people set that option to the card they have in and forget it is set to a specific card when it is replaced.

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 7:40 AM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
My I -pilot has two features. One holds a heading and one holds a course. I think the first one uses a compass. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
5/5/15 @ 7:36 AM
muskie nut
muskie nut
MEMBER since 6/26/01
I thought the new Minn-Kota units ran off a GPS not a compass?

Post Your Comment
5/4/15 @ 8:41 PM
sweeperq
sweeperq
USER since 7/21/08
I have the same issue with my MinnKota. The issue seems to be amplified when running the trolling motor at higher speeds. I contacted MinnKota and they said it would take a couple weeks for a certified repair place to fix it, but told me it was a simple fix. Apparently it is caused by electric interference with the compass in the top of the trolling motor. They said to unplug the motor, remove the cover from the top of the shaft, and untwist the wires one time and put the cover back on. Haven't tested it yet, but it sounded like a common issue.

Post Your Comment