Houseboat Trip. Need Advice!

3/16/15 @ 7:36 PM
ORIGINAL POST
catalale
catalale
USER since 9/22/09
Hello all! Heading up mid June for my first houseboat trip to the Crane Lake area. I'm looking for any pointers, tips, or tactics for fishing Crane Lake or the surrounding Lakes. I'm more of a salmon fishermen than walleye for any help is greatly appericated!
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 7 of 7 Posts
3/31/15 @ 8:45 PM
Boogie
Boogie
MEMBER since 1/25/02
Voyagair has great house boats and great service. They would be a good bet ot have success with.

Post Your Comment
3/23/15 @ 2:25 PM
fishy
fishy
USER since 1/12/02
Ive fished Rainy 5 times with a house boat. I always did well tossing Husky jerks in weedy bays in June and Early July-in about 6FOW-- they catch the Smallmouth, Northern's and Walleye. There will also be fish Fish the rocky points and around Islands with a Jig and Minnow or leech - trolling is a good way of finding them -then jig. If you get a little chop in June-forget the live bait-Fish the mouths of the big bays with crank baits on New weed weed lines with a shallow running Husky jerk or shad Rap. The new Scatter Rap is also great- throw the bigger ones-no need or use for the small ones. Power pro 8-10 pound Diameter works well on the spinning reels without having to use a bait caster. Also- Crane has smaller Eyes in it- go the distance you will do better in Namaken for bigger Eyes and Northerns.

Post Your Comment
3/19/15 @ 8:37 PM
dufferfish
dufferfish
USER since 1/28/07
Took houseboat trip to rainy lake used lindy rigs with crawlers.Caught walleye and norts.Harnesses also good.Have fun!

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 2:11 PM
laxeagle
laxeagle
USER since 10/1/06
Haha good catch Cold front! She probably wouldn't appreciate that terminology...

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 1:31 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
You don't know that she is going to gain weight after the wedding, do you? It's a good bet but you should be careful with that terminology around her too. Just trying to help. Mrt.

Post Your Comment
3/17/15 @ 11:36 AM
laxeagle
laxeagle
USER since 10/1/06
I am interested also. The future wife and I will be taking out honeymoon up there in Mid September. If anyone could throw out any good guide options I would appreciate it also.

***Edited to change wide to wife***

Edited on 3/17/15 2:11 PM
Post Your Comment