Half flat of crawlers

6/4/14 @ 2:56 PM
ORIGINAL POST
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Half flat is 250. Actual count,223. That's counting worms that in no way could be considered "nightcrawlers"... Total was a little over $50 with the $2 deposit on the container. Accidental miscount? Or deliberate. Opinions? It's not my first time getting shorted on bulk bait there before. In fact,I expected it...But I didn't feel like driving in to Milwaukee to Minnesota Leeches during a rainy afternoon. I already seldom use that bait shop. I will further reduce my patronage. Thanks,Becky. MN Leeches and Vados Bait may not see a big uptick in sales but every little bit counts. I would have been better off buying ten,2-dozen containers of 'crawlers at Walwmart.
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 15 Posts
7/16/14 @ 7:02 AM
chopper
chopper
USER since 7/2/01
I went out last night and got a bunch too. Its like picking up money that comes through tiny holes in the ground.

Post Your Comment
7/15/14 @ 1:53 PM
GRANDAD
GRANDAD
USER since 6/1/09
I am 68 yrs. old,went out last nite and picked 12doz. In 20 min.I cannot believe you guys can't find crawlers!!!

Post Your Comment
7/14/14 @ 8:31 AM
SJB
SJB
USER since 7/16/01
Just picked up a 1/2 flat last week at dave's bait in Kaukana. He shorted my neighbor so I thougth I would count and see for myself since I was transfering these to different containers anyway. I had 277 for $35. His prices just went up $10 compared to a few weeks ago. Some of the crawlers are small and would not work for harnesses, but fine for perch and pitching.

Post Your Comment
7/14/14 @ 8:11 AM
chopper
chopper
USER since 7/2/01
You are right CDS. I got clay soil and the pickin is pretty good. Went out for ten minutes the other night and got three dozen in the yard. Its like picking up money if you ask me. I also got a shocker if I need it. I read that the one I got has killed thirty people who left it plugged in when they went pickin. You wanna borrow it?

Post Your Comment
7/13/14 @ 7:40 PM
MuskyHunter
MuskyHunter
USER since 6/17/01
My dad just ordered a flat from Minnesota Leech. $58.

Post Your Comment
7/13/14 @ 12:25 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
When it's been raining and raining and raining...every couple/three days for a couple months you can't get 250 in an hour. You'd be lucky to get 50.

Soil type is a big consideration. Think guys in areas with sandy soil get good 'crawler picking?

Post Your Comment
7/12/14 @ 9:22 PM
chopper
chopper
USER since 7/2/01
Its raining out right now. Go out an get 250 in an hour or so.

Post Your Comment
7/12/14 @ 9:04 PM
pool9fish
pool9fish
USER since 3/7/11
I'm quite sure that Minnesota leeches in Milwaukee will ship you crawlers. The times we have done it the crawlers arrived packed in ice packs and very big and healthy. Dave, who is the owner, does a good job with his bait. I recommend his baits.

Post Your Comment
7/12/14 @ 6:23 PM
Hooky
Hooky
MEMBER since 12/17/01
You get your moneys worth from Fleet Farm. We split them , so we had to count them and had at least a dozen more. Very lively once the bag is opened. Did not care for the black dirt, but the crawlers like it!

Post Your Comment
6/5/14 @ 8:34 AM
Fish Hound
Fish Hound
USER since 1/29/02
I get all my bulk bait from "The Reel Thing Bait and Tackle" in Green Bay and have had very good luck. I really like their rinsed and in bedding crawlers, no dirt in the boat.

http://www.thereelthingbait.com/index.htm

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 15 Posts