gulp alive leeches

7/14/15 @ 8:31 PM
ORIGINAL POST
thefishingboy
thefishingboy
USER since 9/11/04
Was wondering if anyone has had luck with these. Going up to the chippewa flowage at the end of the month to fish for walleyes and was thinking about buying a tub to save a little money on live leeches.
Edited on 7/14/15 8:32 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 6 of 6 Posts
7/19/15 @ 7:31 PM
John.Rennpferd
John.Rennpferd
USER since 6/3/10
I have tried a lot of different gulp, it doesn't seem to outperform powerbait; and powerbait doesn't dry up, nor is it a risk for leaking everywhere.

I have not had much luck with uncle josh pork products (except the original pork frog). These new pork products seem to go stiff, and loose their action if not used right away.

Post Your Comment
7/19/15 @ 3:40 PM
mattg589
mattg589
USER since 2/27/05
I was fishing the Chippewa Flowage at the end of June. The regulars at the camp that we stayed at all use Gulp 1" minnows in the Emerald Shiner color for crappies. They were very successful with them.

Post Your Comment
7/15/15 @ 4:13 PM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
I only use gulp when trolling or drifting harnesses. I started using uncle josh pork crawlers and minnows this year and they are producing well

Post Your Comment
7/15/15 @ 6:14 AM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
I am pretty much a live bait fisherman. I ran out of minnows one day and had some gulp bait in my box and decided to give them a try. They actually out fished minnows! There are some days that the gulp will out produce live bait. But with that being said, if I was making a trip up to the big chip, I would not scrimp on buying live leeches. Just make sure you have some gulp leeches with you just incase.

Post Your Comment
7/14/15 @ 8:48 PM
walleyeguy1229
walleyeguy1229
USER since 4/15/13
I think they work pretty darn good! I Have caught many largemouth, smallies, and walleye on 'em

Post Your Comment