Going north this weekend?

5/5/16 @ 9:30 PM
ORIGINAL POST
river_chaser
river_chaser
USER since 10/3/12

Black flies were annoying this week, so go prepared.  Even thicker than the bugs were the highway patrol. i seen more cops this week than the last 2 years combined.  Between wittenberg and wausau and north to minocqua. Lots of consruction too, so dont be in a hurry.

I got lucky, I was doing 75 in a 65 trailing a small commercial truck. Cop pulled him over instead of me.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
5/7/16 @ 8:32 PM
ifishwi
ifishwi
USER since 1/12/05

Same here, waiting until about Wednesday to drive up to avoid the opening day traffic.

When the biting black flies are bad I avoid being on the water mid-day. I like fishing from first light to about 8-9 oclock. Chores and everything elso during the day, and return for last 1-2 hours before dark. Flies not a problem then but mosquitoes can be pesty.

There's always construction and it's nice to see our tax dollars providing jobs and improving roads. I never worry about speed traps either, keep it 5 over or less and you're good. If I was in a hurry, I'd already be up there and have a 6-pack in me by now.

Post Your Comment
5/7/16 @ 7:00 AM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

You couldn't pay me to be up north fishing this weekend.  I let the tourists have their space.  I'll be up on Wednesday.

Post Your Comment