Goals for 2018

1/1/18 @ 11:26 AM
ORIGINAL POST
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
WisconsinHunter/Fisher
USER since 10/9/12

Hello everyone and happy New Years! Wanted to make a fun forum to see what’s everyone goals are for this fishing season. Also what are some goals you  accomplished in 2017. I got two goals accomplished catching a 50lb flathead and catching over 400 channel catfish! This year catch a 60lb flathead, 800 channel cats, 6lb largemouth, try Muskie fishing, and last two are make more fishing videos and fish with more fellow lake linkers! I hope this year is a great one let’s fish! 

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts
1/5/18 @ 6:23 PM
jaybeeturtle
jaybeeturtle
USER since 3/17/06

I'd like to:

1).  Fish more with my sons and their wives, and my daughter. With everybody grown up and owning houses , etc, we haven't hardly fished together at all for years

2).  Explore more remote lakes and rivers, and try a few new trout streams

3).  Seeing that I have been a kayak fisherman since 1978, this is hard to believe. I never have completely set up my yak the way I really want. Time to get that done! 

4).  Fish more with Bass Abductor. It usually ends up being some kind of adventure when we get out! The guy should have his own fishing show

Post Your Comment
1/4/18 @ 11:50 AM
Reba`s daddy
Reba`s daddy
USER since 11/8/16

My biggest goal is to try to get my dad (bigbluetruck) interested in fishing again.He was in a bad car accident in Dec. 2016.Broke his neck,collar bone,rebroke his back and dislocated his shoulder.He has had nothing but set backs since.2 weeks ago he was diagnosed with a non aggresive form of skin cancer that could be fairly easy to treat if it was caught in time.He was very arguementative and opinioniated on this site but never gave false info or lied about anything and because of this he was booted off this site.More than anything in this world i just want my old dad back.

Post Your Comment
1/3/18 @ 1:18 PM
5bass4rbs
5bass4rbs
USER since 5/14/11

1. Try and fish more than my standard 2 or 3 days a week.

2. Take my time when on the water.

3. Try and catch a 5 fish limit of bass every time I go out on the water.

4. Cast less skip docks more.

5. Have fun.

6. Fish more area lakes.

7.Thank the Lord before each fishing trip.

8. Take my grandsons fishing with me more

Edited on 1/3/18 1:22 PM
Post Your Comment
1/3/18 @ 5:01 AM
A5¢
A5¢
MEMBER since 6/15/09

Be retired after the first week of October. Thirty-five years is enough and I am looking forward to the day when I won't want to shut the alarm clock off with a hammer. 

Fishing will be much easier to find time for. I've got a couple of grandbabies that I intend to spoil rotten as well. It will also give me more opportunities to drive my new tow vehicle.

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 10:28 PM
shadling1
shadling1
USER since 1/17/12
It's finally just that time Bugle. Been in management at the company I work over 6 years. In the last 2 upper management/corporate has ruined it. I still start high at interviews but in reality would take 10k less for better hours and work life balance. My pay where I am now has paid me alot of $$$, it would take alot of looking to make the same or more. But I've found there is more to life than money. I'd rather have less money coming in and more time to enjoy life. Used to fish 4-5 days a week now down to 2, maybe 3 if I'm willing to go on very little sleep...

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 6:28 PM
BugleTrout
BugleTrout
USER since 9/27/01

Shadling, I like the way you think.  Love the company I work for but I could walk away from my management position at any time. I got the wife convinced to start looking at downsizing the house.  That would make it possible for me to take a pay cut and walk away from the rat race.

2018 Goals -

Another fishing trip with my 80 yr old father.   This year it's Canada.  

Get better at locating walleyes on Green Bay.  I've never had such a hard time figuring out a fishery.  Or maybe it's just bad luck.

2017 Accomplishments -

Regained desire to fish in WI after second trip to AK ruined fishing for me in WI.

First 50" musky in July.

Fixed up older fishing boat that I keep up north.  I had been neglecting her for too long.  Even fixed the livewell pump.

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 10:27 AM
BigMusky12
BigMusky12
USER since 12/22/04

I have a couple soft goals.

1) develop confidence in musky trolling

2) possibly try center pinning for steelhead

3) possibly add meat rigs to my salmon spread. 

Fish for me is more about techniques - the fish will come once the technique is mastered. 

I would also like to get all the rest of my Okuma Magdas upgrade to Convecters. 

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 8:34 AM
SnakeSter
SnakeSter
MEMBER since 7/9/12

Get a monster Muskie out of our bay. Haven’t really put an effort into it 2017 cause way too busy. Hopefully find time and wake up early to cast for him. 

Post Your Comment
1/2/18 @ 1:12 AM
shadling1
shadling1
USER since 1/17/12

1. Take a pay cut, find a new job and quit my current job.

2. Same as #1

3. Fish even more.

4. Exercise more and lose some weight. 

5. Assuming #1 & #2 are taken care of, try to relax and actually enjoy life again.....

Post Your Comment
1/1/18 @ 9:54 PM
rikj
rikj
USER since 7/29/01

How about a little work on the potty training Shane?

My goals fish and hunt more.........I got a new crossbow two years ago and have not shot it yet, or shot my other bows for two years for that matter.

Edited on 1/1/18 9:54 PM
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 13 Posts