Fishing Winnebago

6/30/14 @ 12:58 PM
ORIGINAL POST
jordan54
jordan54
USER since 2/9/07
Can someone give some tips on what to look for when going out on Winnebago? For example wind speeds, direction the wind is coming out of etc.. I am not a avid fisherman of the lake and want to make sure I am looking at the right weather info when making a decision on going out to Winnebago to fish. Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 3 of 3 Posts
12/18/14 @ 7:42 PM
netem1
netem1
USER since 12/25/12
I run an 18'8" Crest liner with a 150 and 9.9 kicker. I usually fish out of Pipe. My best trolling has been with a 5-10 MPH SW wind trolling the 6-10' level at between 2-2.2 MPH using crank or stick baits. If you make a turn and get a hit on the outside boards you're generally going too slow, if you get a hit on the inside boards when making a turn consider slowing down a little as you may be going too fast. Invest in a Precision Trolling Guide sold at all FF stores for info on depth and line out info. Good luck...

Post Your Comment
7/4/14 @ 10:37 AM
marbleeyes7
marbleeyes7
USER since 4/1/12
what size, and model boat do you have? that would be the biggest concern. i have a 17.5ft aluminum and if it is blowing more than 20mph straight north or south i stay home or head to butte, conne, or poygan. anything under 16ft and not very experienced i would stay home/safe. more info needed to give anymore advice. common sense is key. east/west winds you can always fish the shorelines of the wind direction and stay out of the big stuff. your rig and experiance/ common sense will determine what weather you fish. are you a local around bago or have to travel a ways? if i see a 5-10 east wind i am on the west shorelines trolling for eyes. if i see 5-15 north or south i am out trolling the mud, this also is determined by the month and were the fish are in there patterns. most days if i see anything over 15-20 i stay home unless i have a few guys who are used to the big waves and can handle boat and lines.

Edited on 7/4/14 10:45 AM
Post Your Comment