Fishing when season is closed

4/13/15 @ 8:35 AM
ORIGINAL POST
MEfishin2
MEfishin2
USER since 4/13/15
Hello Quick question Is it legal in Wisconsin to fish for a species of fish while the season is closed but if a fish is caught it is thrown back. I have seen quite a few bass fisherman fishing and I know the bass season is closed at this time on the body of water that I have seen them. Just curious! Thanks
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 17 Posts
4/24/15 @ 4:28 AM
pike eyes
pike eyes
USER since 12/28/10
I fish with my tip-ups and fatheads for perch long after game fishing is closed, have had several people question me, and told them what I was doing. even had a warden come check me. He looked at all my set ups and told me to just make sure if I were to get a game fish that I was to release it immediately long as your not fishing intentionally for game fish your fine

Post Your Comment
4/23/15 @ 8:15 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
I think he only meant himself,coolhawg.

That ain't the worst of it though...I saw him at the sports show. He's...he's...Henpecked by LITTLE GIRLS!

It looked like they had no idea what a badass he really is....Big softy.

Post Your Comment
4/20/15 @ 8:50 AM
MEfishin2
MEfishin2
USER since 4/13/15
Thanks guys.

I was referring to Shawano Lake and I know the season is closed. Sure looks like they are bass fishing to me with there trolling motor down chucking big baits. Thanks again for the replys

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 6:28 PM
cds
cds
USER since 9/18/01
Thanks guys. Now there's chewed corn chip pieces on my screen.

(edit) Cold Front - I'd guess with Madcelt he picks it from anxiety: He doesn't get out fishing enough. And when he does,the crazy sob running the boat runs WOT thru shallow water and downed trees.

Edited on 4/14/15 6:33 PM
Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 12:44 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Mineral deficiency?Mrt

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 12:43 PM
Cold Front
Cold Front
USER since 7/9/01
Bad personal hygiene? Mrt.

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 11:20 AM
madcelt
madcelt
USER since 3/13/02
CDS, I pick my nose whether I'm lying or not. And I am in fact a trained LEO. How can you explain that?

Post Your Comment
4/14/15 @ 11:06 AM
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
centralwiwalleyeslayer2
USER since 2/15/10
depends what body of water you are on. pretty much every body of water i fish is open year round for game fish accept musky

Post Your Comment
4/13/15 @ 1:08 PM
Robbollio
Robbollio
USER since 10/17/04
Sometimes its blatantly obvious though. Years ago I launched at the public launch one April on wind lake for crappie. I believe it was a weekday. A guy pulled up and started chucking a buzzbait from shore. I told him very nicely that the season was closed for gamefish before pushing off. He ignored me rather arrogantly. I fished the outside weededge close to the launch throwing 1/8 tubes. Got a few crappie even. The warden showed up in 30 minutes.... Got to watch that for 10 minutes. Then went across the lake.

Post Your Comment
4/13/15 @ 12:52 PM
ol sarge
ol sarge
USER since 3/8/04
I caught my largest bass ever in April one year while fishing for bluegills with a piece of night crawler and a bobber. I threw him right back. You can not legally target bass during closed season and if you do happen to catch one, you must immediately release it or be in violation of the law.

Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 10 of 17 Posts