Eagle Point Fishing Barge?

12/15/15 @ 10:07 AM
ORIGINAL POST
Hildy Boys
Hildy Boys
USER since 12/14/09
I did a google search for fishing around Dubuque IA and this place came up. Never heard of it, and there is next to no information about it on the web. Does anyone know if it is still there? If so, how is it? Any idea on cost? Any help would be appreciated. Also, if you have any other fishing ideas in that area it would be much appreciated. My son will be attending UW Platteville and is looking for fishing close to school. Thanks, Brian
Post Your Comment
Displaying 1 to 4 of 4 Posts
12/17/15 @ 2:56 PM
Hildy Boys
Hildy Boys
USER since 12/14/09
Great article, thanks.

Sounds..........interesting..

Post Your Comment
12/16/15 @ 9:28 AM
RescueDiver
RescueDiver
USER since 1/21/12
Here's a neat article about the fishing barge. This is a no frills operation but you can wet a worm and catch fish. Phone (748-4443) http://peoplesriverhistory.us/blog/the-magic-of-the-lock-11-fishing-barge/

There are plenty of other area within an hour drive of Platteville. -Blackhawk Lake Recreation Area in Cobb. http://www.blackhawklake.com/Home.html -Any Mississippi River backwater from O'learys Lake (Eagle Point) to Wyalusing is excellent. Those include Potosi Point, Bertom Lake, Bagley, Lynn Hollow, Big H/McCartney Landing. -Governor Dodge State Park in Dodgeville -World Class Trout Fishing in many of the Grant County streams. Wherley, Castle Rock, Boscobel, Platteville -I don't recommend Hubbards Fishing Barge in Lynxville. I've seen firsthand the owner harassing other people fishing in boats near his barge. He throws weighted lures at them with a rod & reels, yells at them and such. He has been fined by local wardens for harassing sportsmen. That's all the reason I need to not support him. -Clements in Genoa runs a good operation from what I've seen and heard. -Yellowstone State Park, SW of Mineral Point

Post Your Comment
12/15/15 @ 11:20 AM
amaranthlost
amaranthlost
USER since 5/31/10
Hubbard's Float in Lynxsville and Clement's in Genoa are both within about an 1-1.5hr drive but that may be too far for anything but daytrips.

Post Your Comment